Fisher F2 speaker craped out Dam wish Fisher would get there act together

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well was out hunten at a local park when machine starten acting up speaker got real raspy and then it stayed that way. Put new batteries in then was still raspy .Now its completly silent no audio. Gota send it in. I have heard rumers of the F2s and F4s having issues guess its true. Dam wish fisher would get there act together. Also heard others having problems with there F75s too oh well lets see what they say . :cussing: :angry5: :angry4: :angry9: :BangHead:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You didn't have all these problems when Fisher was not owned by First Texas, the Bounty Hunter people. However all companies seem to get bugs in their units except Tesoro. But I am sure that I just haven't heard of any. Sounds like you might just have a broken solder link on the speaker and still need to send it in.

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure but sure does suck. But have heard others with issues on there f2 and f4 machines. Guess Bounty Hunter thrue a monkey wrench into the Fisher department.

Chicken4U2

Jul 27, 2009
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far mine has been an awesome little machine for what it is, but sure as I say that.... :laughing9:

Streak!

Mar 4, 2009
Sandman said:
You didn't have all these problems when Fisher was not owned by First Texas, the Bounty Hunter people. However all companies seem to get bugs in their units except Tesoro. But I am sure that I just haven't heard of any. Sounds like you might just have a broken solder link on the speaker and still need to send it in.

Actually, You DID have all these problems before Fisher was owned by FT, and that one of the primary reasons Fisher went belly up, and FT got the oportunity to buy it. They were losing millions a year, due to mismanagement and repairs on regular and "lifetime' warranties. In fact, 25% of FT's repairs right now are on ONE legacy Fisher model. thats 25 % of their repairs, on a machine FT didnt even make! (is that somehow FT's fault too?) ALL the manufacturers have failures and Warranty concerns. ALL of them. The REAL difference is how they handle them, and in that respect, Fisher (FT) holds it own with anyone. You have to get that "bounty hunter' stigma out of your head. Remember, it was BEFORE FT bought bountyhunter that they earned that bad rap they have, not after. In fact, the new bountyhunters are pretty much completely reworked machines, with little in common with their predecessors. Before you point fingers, you may want to get your facts straight. Streak!

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry to hear about your speaker problem on your new Fisher. Personally I wouldn't let it destroy my faith in the detector or the company that made it, but that is just my opinion. This opinion is based on what I feel is better than average quality of thier electronics.

I have owned nine Fisher detectors since 1993, starting out with the 1265x. Since then I have owned the following, 1266x, 1270,CoinStrike, CZ-6, CZ-70, CZ-20, CZ-21, and the F-75. The only detector I have had any trouble with is the CZ-70, and that was probably my fault. I have owned it at least 6 years, and it has had thousands of hours of use on it, and I am not always very gentle. When I press the pinpoint button, once in a while it will go back to factory settings, so it is not a big problem and is still useable.

I hope Fisher takes care of your problem quickly so you can get back to finding the goodies as soon as possible.

Good Hunting,
Steve

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i sent Fisher my Brocken f2 and they sent me another F2 box no charge. The speaker had blown out .Felix at Fisher Rocks. I know now Fisher is good to there customers. I will buy a f70 down the road. Thanks Fisher :headbang:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own both a old bounty hunter and a F75. No complaints. My speaker has acted up, but the problem was my settings. Im glad your back swinging. GL.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
ALL the manufacturers have failures and Warranty concerns. ALL of them. The REAL difference is how they handle them, and in that respect, Fisher (FT) holds it own with anyone. !
............. Ok you got that right................... They all have detector problems....... And if they handle them fast they make us happy and like the company......... And they all do a good job on service .....All except one and they do not think service is important .......... They are really slow on service and we all know what company that is......... There name starts with a... M ... OK i will give you all the name..It's...Minelab...

Last edited:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well i sent Fisher my Brocken f2 and they sent me another F2 box no charge. The speaker had blown out .Felix at Fisher Rocks. I know now Fisher is good to there customers. I will buy a f70 down the road. Thanks Fisher :headbang:

Felix is AWESOME!!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes Fisher has come a long way on there service....... And now i think they are as good as Whites , Garrett & Tesoro... No fooling around in fixed and back to you.................

Skwerly

Jan 24, 2013
Yucaipa, CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The external speaker on my F2 has never worked as far as I know. Am I missing a setting?

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skwerly said:
The external speaker on my F2 has never worked as far as I know. Am I missing a setting?

Call fisher and ask them what the problem can be

frogginfish

Dec 18, 2012
Southwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2 w/11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I plan on purchasing a Fisher F2 in a couple of weeks. Its reassuring that they make right what goes wrong. I'm sure that all companies have their own problems with their machines but what is important is how customers are treated when they present said company with their problem.
Trackerman, I'm glad it all worked out good for you!

ripper6xray

Greenie
Jan 22, 2013
Parsons,WV
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT E series , Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just purchased my Fisher F2, I cant wait to get it out after the snow melts off an give it a try... I had been hearing all good thing about them... Hope i made the right choice..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread