Fisher F2 Vs Garrett Ace 250 Wonder wich is better?

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
The Ace 250's pinpoint is deadly. You just have to know your machine. If your ID is bouncing around then your sensitivity is probably too high. Try 4 bars. I have a video on youtube on pinpointing with the 250. I have tried two F2's. While they are lighter than the 250 some the ID is not accurate over 4 inches. The numeric read out was all over the place. But the target notches of course are more stable. Plus the notch in/out wasn't as easy as the 250's. The real killer for me on the F2 is the small coil. Even at the lowest sensitivity you can't get within a foot of plat equipment. With the 250's Sniper coil you can get right next to them. The F2 is a good value but in my opinion not as good as the Ace. But who knows? You might find the F2 a good fit. After all were all simply searching for metal in the ground.

I have used all the Whites Prizms too. I would even choose a Prizm 2 over the F2.

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks had f2 ace turned out better.Now have xterra 305 like much more than both

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I usally run my ace at 3 bars. It does get real close to playground equipment. :headbang:

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trackerman,
is that the GREAT Ronnie James Dio i see on your monicker?
TB

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its Ronnie :headbang:

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well after using ace and f2 noticed f2 is a bit better for clad and ace is better for jewlry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions