Fisher f2

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a great general purpose detector. You can't go wrong if ya get one.

Good luck!

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm kinda new to metal detecting and I was just wondering if the f2 is a good metal detector. I've been looking online and found it for around 250$ And it's looks like a good one but i don't really know. Please help. Thanks!

Look at the Eurotek Pro. Same company and woof! said if you get a EurotekPro you won't be wishing you had gotten something else in that price range.

(Fisher and Teknetics same company)

I have an F2, you can't go wrong with it but the EurotekPro is a newer model.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/fisher-research-labs/404516-no-love-f70.html

Last edited:

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have both F2 and Eurotek Pro..The Eurotek out performs the F2.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
The F4 is an F2 with manual ground balance in all metal, (only), and a different DD coil, although you can get that coil on the F2, also.
I never believed this unit held all that much more value over the F2 especially if you tend to hunt in disc and not all metal...the F5 would be a better choice even though it does cost more.

As far as unit to unit, the new ETP is superior with some features and abilities that no other units at this price level have had to this point.
If I had these two choices when I bought my F2 I might have, probably would have gone that route.
On the other hand the F2 is not only a very capable detector for all around hunting but the great value in this unit has to do with the multiple coil packages that are offered as much as anything.
Using both the standard coil and the sniper I have managed to find enough clad, coins and jewelry to pay for my F2 about 10X's over.
Much more with the sniper coil than the larger ones.
Not to mention relics and all sorts of other great targets, although I have been mostly a jewelry hunter most of my career.

To get that pretty much free sniper coil at about the same price point is nothing to be sniffed at, and I am a huge fan of sniper coils hunting in some extremely dense trash filled sites as I do and being so successful with coils of that type.
You can get a sniper for the ETP also, but it is an Omega coil and can be used on that unit if you ever upgrade so that is good, but it costs a good amount of money to get one so if you are also going to hunt in some trashy sites, can see the advantage of using that type of coil and this decision is price sensitive that should be taken into account.
Also the 10" coil for the F2 which will cover large areas a little more efficiently and get you deeper than the standard 8" is also a great value at about $60 but that cost would be about the same whether you buy it in the 3 coil package or aftermarket down the road sometime.

I never had any problem with iron infested sites using my F2, but the ETP has that iron audio feature that will come in handy especially for newbies, but even veterans use it to their advantage.
The ETP has set the bar at a new level for entry models, of that there can be no doubt, and it doesn't look like there is anything on the horizon coming out to compete with it in the near future.

If you are going to hunt mostly large areas and not concentrate on the mostly trashy ones like me the newer ETP would be the way to go.
If you hunt both kinds and get the Pro I would try to find a ton and then save up and get that sniper coil somewhere down the road for it if you choose this one and don't start of with the F2 which as you can probably tell to me still has a place in this world, value-wise, considering the multiple coil packages.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chase_j97

chase_j97

Greenie
Apr 16, 2014
The F4 is an F2 with manual ground balance in all metal, (only), and a different DD coil, although you can get that coil on the F2, also. I never believed this unit held all that much more value over the F2 especially if you tend to hunt in disc and not all metal...the F5 would be a better choice even though it does cost more. As far as unit to unit, the new ETP is superior with some features and abilities that no other units at this price level have had to this point. If I had these two choices when I bought my F2 I might have, probably would have gone that route. On the other hand the F2 is not only a very capable detector for all around hunting but the great value in this unit has to do with the multiple coil packages that are offered as much as anything. Using both the standard coil and the sniper I have managed to find enough clad, coins and jewelry to pay for my F2 about 10X's over. Much more with the sniper coil than the larger ones. Not to mention relics and all sorts of other great targets, although I have been mostly a jewelry hunter most of my career. To get that pretty much free sniper coil at about the same price point is nothing to be sniffed at, and I am a huge fan of sniper coils hunting in some extremely dense trash filled sites as I do and being so successful with coils of that type. You can get a sniper for the ETP also, but it is an Omega coil and can be used on that unit if you ever upgrade so that is good, but it costs a good amount of money to get one so if you are also going to hunt in some trashy sites, can see the advantage of using that type of coil and this decision is price sensitive that should be taken into account. Also the 10" coil for the F2 which will cover large areas a little more efficiently and get you deeper than the standard 8" is also a great value at about $60 but that cost would be about the same whether you buy it in the 3 coil package or aftermarket down the road sometime. I never had any problem with iron infested sites using my F2, but the ETP has that iron audio feature that will come in handy especially for newbies, but even veterans use it to their advantage. The ETP has set the bar at a new level for entry models, of that there can be no doubt, and it doesn't look like there is anything on the horizon coming out to compete with it in the near future. If you are going to hunt mostly large areas and not concentrate on the mostly trashy ones like me the newer ETP would be the way to go. If you hunt both kinds and get the Pro I would try to find a ton and then save up and get that sniper coil somewhere down the road for it if you choose this one and don't start of with the F2 which as you can probably tell to me still has a place in this world, value-wise, considering the multiple coil packages.
alright, thanks for the advice

detectingpro

Feb 14, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
250$ for a f2? You are getting ripped off. They go for 200$ new.

Sent from my expensive phone I really don't need

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread