Fisher F4 or Tesoro Vaquero???

dirtfisher

May 10, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster GT, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cibola, HF9F Metal Detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have been planning on getting a Tesoro Vaquero for a little bit now. The only other detector within that price range that seems decent enough is the Fisher F4 or the Fisher F5. Problem is I don't know if the F4 or F5 will go any deeper than 10 inches on the coins. Anyone that have them detectors feel free to chime in and let me know your experience with them. Kind of torn on which one I want to get. I am used to the Tesoro Cibola that has no VID. I know the Vaquero will get a little deeper than 10 inches on coins. Would still be nice to have a VID if possible as long as depth is comparable. What do you guys think? :icon_scratch:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vaquero gets my vote! Good Luck!:occasion14:

OP
OP
D

dirtfisher

May 10, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster GT, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cibola, HF9F Metal Detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vaquero gets my vote! Good Luck!:occasion14:
Terry I am leaning more towards the Vaquero although I have to admit I was impressed with the F4's recovery time as well. The only thing is the depth meter does not even have a mark for anything past 10 inches. Maybe someone that hunts with it every day can tell me more about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread