fisher f70 or whites m6

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
i use the M6 and it just eats up coin!!!! its a great coin/jewelry detector for park, chruches, fields, etc... ;D dont know about the fisher though :dontknow:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
M6 you won't go wrong. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
P

poptop121

Apr 9, 2011
conecticut
thx for info, i have heard mostly good reviews on both detectors but wondering which one will go deeper.right now i have the f2 so I'm somewhat leaning towards the f70. i would really love to find the older deeper targets like silver coins.. :icon_scratch:

longsocks

Oct 17, 2005
Wisconsin -south of milwaukee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 --- FISHER F - 70 Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most modern detectors are good, it just depends on the skill of the user, and over time how he knows his machine.. I have a F-70, I get 40+ hrs on batteries, its takes 4 AA only. I'm still learning it even tho this is the second year with it.. I have other detectors, and some times go out with one of the other ones, just to see if my sorta new one is doing any better than my older ones,sometimes i think its a draw....I find the F-70 is lighter, and I can swing it lots longer with out getting a tired arm.. An old timer once told me when you buy a machine, get the best one you can afford, don't know how much truth there is in that, but regardless enjoy the machine you have and bring home lots of treasures...

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
If you really want the F70 than get one.

I bought one new for $400 but that was over a year ago. They had an overstock at that time. I also bought the F75 coil.

I didn't like it with either coil so finally traded it to another dealer for a Tesoro Tejon which I really like.

I lost money but it was well worth it.

The F70 and 75 are loved by most who buy them although I have no idea why. I've owned maybe 40 top level detectors in 42 years of THing and the F70 rates as my very worst.

To get it to work in high trash sites I had to turn the sensitivity down so far I lost most of my depth (it falses like crazy). It would not work anywhere near high voltage power lines. I had several experienced Fisher users help me learn it. Later I believe all those guys sold their F70s and 75s too.

But again, don't just take it from this old timer, try it yourself and see. Maybe you too will like it.

I recall back when the F75 first came out someone on another TH forum opened one up and there was a MADE IN MEXICO sticker inside. He posted a picture of that online and got himself into quite a bit of trouble as I recall. ;D

Good luck with your new F70. :icon_thumleft:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The F70 is DDEEEEEEEEEPPPPPP!!!!

L

l2hunt

can't speak about the f70. i do own the m6 and for parks, schools, fields etc it does very well, i'm happy with it and mostly use the stock coil and the 6x10dd for trashy areas. good luck HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread