Fisher F75 disc questions

dhearn

Jan 3, 2012
Sallisbury MD
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using my F75 for about a year now, and have noticed something that is interesting to me. I have just recentlly started turning the disc up, and have noticed that im not loosing any noticable depth. I was really surprised at this because all the other detectors that ive owned have always lost depth as you turn up the disc. Has anyone else noticed this?. I have been hunting a sight that has a ton of old iron relics and some really nice old coins have come from this sight, mostly King George coppers. does anyone have a good setting that they have used for situations like this. I know their has to be some silver or even gold in this area. Thanks

treasurepirate1

Aug 21, 2010
Ontario canada
Detector(s) used
fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i use a fisher f75 and i did some air tests today to refresh my mind ,the discrimination doesn't really affect the depth but more the sound of the separation between good and junk objects, if you put the disc on low you will get allot of noise feedback from nails but will get a little bit more crisp of a tone and reading but not too noticeable, but the good signal will be drowned out by all this excess noise, and if you put the disc on high (the highest i go to is only 15 to notch out iron) you don't hear as much feed back and chatter from highly concentrated iron but will lose some of the crispness from the tone depending on how close junk is to your target. so your answer is no the disk does not affect the depth allot! no but maybe an inch or so, but affect the separation sound not too much the capability. if you are good at distinguishing false signals and real ones it is better to slow it down only in a junky area like a cellar hole becouse the signal will be falsed out by the michine seperating good signas from bad, even if the disc is on high or low. i also noticed the f75 doesn't seem to pick up silver as good as other machines do, if your looking for silver coins look into other machines like minelab or whites as these as i noticed in many videos are better at finding silver.i have't tried either minelab nor whites that advise is solely from watching variouse videos.

ezzz1

Oct 5, 2011
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75,Teknetic 8000, At pro , At gold,Tesoro Sabre Compass X-80,fisher cd3z, goldbug2 , Garrett 250 ace 150 ,Fisher F-5,fisher 553,Teknetic 2000,fisher f4 Tesoro lobo,, silver Umax, ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The F-75 is a far better machine than anything White has to offer especially the black handle with the built in boost.Im sure it can handle its own as far as Minelab goes . It lack nothing as far as detecting silver its one of the best on the market.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget that both the F75 and T2 have "boost" positions that come in at various points on the discrimination scale. For the F75 the performance boost comes in at 20 and above and will balance back the loss caused by the discrimination being increased (also below 5 at the low end).

The T2 boosts come in at 40 and above (old model) and 50 and above for the later one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread