Fisher f75 or makro racer

Quake

Mar 1, 2010
MD
Detector(s) used
Current: Xp Deus, Equinox 600

Detectors used: Whites XLT, Fisher F75, Minelab Se Pro, Makro racer 2, T2 LTD DST,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a opportunity to get a fisher f75 se for 550.00 without the new upgrade on it, and if i decided to get the upgrade it would cost 159.00
Well the makro racer is 649.00 and the fisher with the upgrade would be 709.00, Is it worth buying the fisher and upgradeing it or would i be better off with the makro racer
besides it being a few dollars cheaper, As to the performance and depth of each detector what would be a good buy.
Ive been all over the net looking at youtube videos of each unit, I seen alott of talk about the fisher being to chattery untill upgraded.
Need some input.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did very well with the "chattery" F-75 since 2007 as my primary detector. Upgraded this past January. The DST vastly reduces EMI. Also adds boost and cache processes (for deeper targets).

Yes, it is chattery in the original format. Just as a Ferrari has a bumpy ride vs. a Cadillac. You do get used to it and at least you know you're "on the edge" and not missing targets due to a dumbed down silent mode.

Don't know much about the Makro. Even after visiting their website. It seems to have many less processes and user options.

OP
OP
Q

Quake

Mar 1, 2010
MD
Detector(s) used
Current: Xp Deus, Equinox 600

Detectors used: Whites XLT, Fisher F75, Minelab Se Pro, Makro racer 2, T2 LTD DST,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks for the response, The fisher seems like a nice machine, I used a whites xlt for years and was a good machine also.
I Just wanted to try a different detector, The fisher had alott of good reviews on it that i've seen. Just wanted some one elses thought's on it
Thanks

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
There are a few reviews on the racer from some very respected and experienced hunters that have been loaned some beta units, but I would never base a decision like this without a much bigger sampling and experiences by many more real world users...but that is me.
Then there is the new Impact, also not released yet, which is rumored to address some concerns about a few features on the Racer.
The F75, with or without the upgrade, is a proven commodity, and we who use the upper end Fishers have discovered that noise is really a non issue...once you learn to understand it and set it to your own favorite settings of which there are so many....even very quiet ones with great depth.
Lots of good talk about these new foreign detectors, even some pretty astounding videos, but a guy like me just needs much more data before I would consider dropping 5-6-$700 on anything.
Good luck on your decision.

Last edited:

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro COMPADRE and Mohave
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You better hurry up if you want the upgrade. It ends this weekend. That is a good price on the F75. To some the original F75 may be a collectors item too.
Racer is a lot like the F75 with some new features. So it is a toss up with a bit of unknown on the Racer. The Racer Will be like a status symbol you can show off to your friends if you are into that sort of thing. If you need it fixed where do you send it?

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the price you are looking at spending I would think the Nokta Fors CoRe would be the better deal.
It is a proven machine especially in highly minerialized soil...and has a beach mode also.
Also has great depth. Some really good reviews on that machine on youtube. The new Makro Racer is supposed to be
equivalent to the Nokta Fors Core.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Racer may be a good unit but I think it needs more time out in the field to prove itself. I have heard tons of good things about the F75 and that is why I just dumped almost a grand on a new one.

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Racer may be a good unit but I think it needs more time out in the field to prove itself. I have heard tons of good things about the F75 and that is why I just dumped almost a grand on a new one.

You are right to be cautious, on a UK site here people are almost frantic with excitement at the new Racer, pre-ordering machines on only the makers claims how good they are. I looked at one and to be honest it looks cheap and plasticky. For me, I have bought a detector with a proven track record, I wouldn't go ahead and buy a machine purely on a manufacturers sales jargon. I would need to know it's actually as good as they say it is. Makro say the new Racer is as good if not better than the Fors Core, how do you make a machine the same spec as the Fors Core and sell it for almost half the price?? Makro claim their aim is to 'Dominate' the detector market, wow a big statement, let's see if they can.

Last edited:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, thats big talk from a "newer" company.... I personally like the looks of the Racer, but would never buy one this early....im still not sold on the Fors core....but getting there....

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right to be cautious, on a UK site here people are almost frantic with excitement at the new Racer, pre-ordering machines on only the makers claims how good they are. I looked at one and to be honest it looks cheap and plasticky. For me, I have bought a detector with a proven track record, I wouldn't go ahead and buy a machine purely on a manufacturers sales jargon. I would need to know it's actually as good as they say it is. Makro say the new Racer is as good if not better than the Fors Core, how do you make a machine the same spec as the Fors Core and sell it for almost half the price?? Makro claim their aim is to 'Dominate' the detector market, wow a big statement, let's see if they can.

Nokta Fors CoRe is 595.00 at Kellyco.....The CoRe Pro package is 850.00
Makro isn't half the price of the CoRe

The CoRe and Fors Gold machine do have some good reviews compared to machines we all are familiar with.

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/531-difference-between-nokta-fors-gold-and-fors-core/

http://www.detectorprospector.com/gold-prospecting-guides/steve-guide-gold-nugget-detectors.htm

Last edited:

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nokta Fors CoRe is 595.00 at Kellyco.....The CoRe Pro package is 850.00
Makro isn't half the price of the CoRe

The CoRe and Fors Gold machine does have some good reviews compared to machines we all are familiar with.
I am quoting UK prices, (depending where purchased), and I did say 'almost'! My point was how can they expect to sell any Fors CoRes when they claim the Racer is just as good, if not better, for 'almost' half the price.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hereabouts the CoRe is $595.00 and the Racer $650.00 with the "Pro Package" they are $850 and $849. Same:same.

I'd still wait for some reviews. I bought my F-75 six months after the model was introduced; but that's from a company (more-or-less) that made detectors since 1931 and following the outstanding Teknetics T2 cousin.

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have just seen the latest up to date prices, the Fors CoRes have been reduced by quite a lot so they are not far off the Racer so I stand corrected.:occasion14:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Competition. TWO Turkish detectors in the running now.

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
[Bump]
Hey guys, I'm also very interested in this topic
Is there any new information now that the Racer has been out for a few months?

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Asking in the Fisher Forum doesn't help you much.
Just Saying.

True, there will be some bias, but I know several members who will always respond impartially regardless of the forum.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the F75 and the Makro Racer are very similar in general performance, recovery speed and depth. The Racer handles salt water beaches much much better however.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe the F75 and the Makro Racer are very similar in general performance, recovery speed and depth. The Racer handles salt water beaches much much better however.

Hi South do you have a F75 and a Makro Racer? If not how do you know this?

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi South do you have a F75 and a Makro Racer? If not how do you know this?

Because I've owned a Fisher F75, non DST, and my Nokta matches its performance in all respects except feature set (depth is roughly the same) in my test garden. (The Racer performs much like the Nokta Fors Core) This includes target separation,and salty sand performance. Ive had quite a few detectors to try and own. The F75 cant perform in my very high salinity beach. I have not tried the new DST, enhanced boost models yet, and i do like First Texas products quite a bit , no bias just testing.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions