Fisher F75 vs Minelab Explorer SE PRO

tiggar

Sep 26, 2011
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
the one with 28 frequencies of course, hands down......

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
The one that won the GNRS a couple of years ago?

OP
OP
CoilFisher

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tiggar said:
the one with 28 frequencies of course, hands down......

Yes there is a difference in broadcasting: The Minelab purports 28 frequencies or bands whereas the Fisher F-75 sports a 13kHz single frequency.

Does this mean better for the Minelabs? (Silver is supposedly better detected at lower frequencies.)

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Purports is the right word.

Multifrequency uses square waves created by taking a sine wave and adding harmonics.
Harmonic use increases sensitivity to iron and E.M.I. More power is required for equal depth plus single frequency has the advantage of all the transmit energy being concentrated at a given frequency which improves depth for specific targets.

G.N.R.C. has always been won by single frequency detectors. Nautilus won every year but one when Tesoro inched in. Recently First Texas took the crown.

The advantage of multifrequency (or twin/triple) is on wet sand where it really does make things much easier.

tiggar

Sep 26, 2011
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
yes, and I thought my Fisher CZ's did good on the beach, until I got my Minelab Sovereign GT.....

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
One heck of a post Brian! And especially about the harmonics, without them there would simply be an electronics futility.

Tiggar, strangely enough I discovered the opposite with mine, I thought my Sov did well on the beach until I got my cz-70. I traded the Sov for a $1000 Browning A-Bolt 338 mag (with scope) and thanked God for the sweet swap. It bagged a fat deer this year.

I still have the CZ, it's the deepest detector I have ever owned or seen on Oregon high salt/high black-sand beaches for coin hunting (running in zero notches), period, no exceptions.

One outfit down in the deep south somewhere quit pushing Nauties after the F-75 whupped the Nauties so severely in the GNRS. Now he pushes Fishers. That's what I was referring to about he GNRS. Of course most detectorists know that already, but I thought I'd mention it. Basically it all comes to "the proof is in the pudding".

You all have a fun-wun.

LL

OP
OP
CoilFisher

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Which would be better on deep silver however?
We have a 13kHz Fisher vs a Minelab that purports 28 frequencies with a supposed active frequency at about 3kHz.

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Nobody will answer that correctly CoilFisher because there are way too many variables.

Minelab owners will say theirs are - because of their multi-filters, and "they simply are Minelabs". Super-low VLF'ers will say theirs works best on silver, and Fishers will say theirs are simply because "their" detector is a Fisher, or that too many frequencies slows things to much and targets are missed (which is partially true). Generally speaking though, lower freqs do better on silver/iron and higher freqs do better on gold/semi-precious metals. There are exceptions though, but super low (2-10) will usually work the best, unless the are underpowered (low gain) to start with. But that's only the beginning of the discussion.

LL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread