Fisher F75LTD-DST Scary Close Call

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got up early this morning and did some posting on the forums. I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to go detecting or not. I finally gave in and headed out to door to see what I could find.

At the first site I pulled out my Vaquero see what it could do. The yard was fairly clean of trash and I was finding plenty of wheat pennies, but no silver coins. I messed around and finally dug a gold spider with some kind of stone in it. I don't really know what it is.

At the second site I pulled out my F75 to see what it could do. Like the previous site I was finding plenty of wheat pennies, but no silver coins. I was beginning to get a little worried, because I've found silver coins every time that I've gone detecting this year. I sure didn't want to get skunked.

At the third site I pulled out my F75 and started a grid search of the yard. I was finding plenty of wheat pennies but no silver coins. I was getting worried because it was getting time call it a day and I hadn't found a single silver coin.

Finally, I got my search coil over a great sounding target that was located between the sidewalk and a huge oak tree. The VDI number was slowing rolling back and forth between 72 and 78. I just knew it was a silver dime.

I dug up a 1945 Mercury Dime. Happy me! I headed for the house. The penny count was 25 wheat pennies and 18 memorial pennies. With that many wheat pennies I should have found more silver coins today. It just wasn't my day.

tabman

Fisher%20F75-DST%201945%20Mercury%20Dime%20001_zpsrne1cv7u.jpg

Fisher%20F75-DST%201945%20Mercury%20Dime%20003_zpsvmrn7dci.jpg

Fisher%20F75-DST%201945%20Mercury%20Dime%20014_zpsp1apbzbb.jpg

Fisher%20F75-DST%201945%20Mercury%20Dime%20011_zpskryejxgr.jpg

Fisher%20F75-DST%201945%20Mercury%20Dime%20008_zpsguamsgzt.jpg

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That spider-thing is cool! I beg to differ though - gold and silver after a day's worth of hunting would definitely be YOUR day! :occasion14:

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That spider-thing is cool! I beg to differ though - gold and silver after a day's worth of hunting would definitely be YOUR day! :occasion14:

Thanks. I'm taking the day off from detecting tomorrow to do some resting and planning. As soon as I get half of my quota for the year in silver coins I'm going to hit some older sites to change things up a little. It a shame that you moved.

tabman

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Tab on the saves! Starting to warm up here and hopefully start thawing the ground. Won't be able to hit the old homesteads for another month or two though for old seated:) got my Eldorado back today from Rusty with a clean bill of health so that makes me happy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions