Fisher Gold Bug DP PRO

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great for hunting in trash or iron. The Dual processors make it run smooth and quiet!

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be completely honest, I bought mine to try as a relic machine, and it ended up being one of my all around favorite machines. And I have worked with quite a few.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use my GB pro to snoop in very trashy areas in parks . The digital read out is great.
I plan on hunting meteorites with the GB pro this comming winter. I've tested it on some specimans I have and it picks them up Ok.
It is a very light weight detector. In all metal mode, with the 5" coil, i can get close to 6" on small targets like dimes.

Olegrumpy

Apr 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sov GT-Explorer II-Goldbug Pro-Eurotek Pro-Classic III-Golden µMAX-1212-x-SH MKII-
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The GB Pro is a fantastic detector you can taylor to your needs .

It is FAST, faster, rapid, beep beep (road runner), lightning fast, you won't believe it. It is capable to id two different coins lying just touching each other.

You may expect 10"+ on quarter-sized targets, and, you already guessed, it will shine in the dirt !

HH

Grumpy.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Coilfisher,

Here is my honest assessment having owned, sold, and then repurchased a Gold Bug Pro. And I speak not as a relic hunter, but as a jewelry hunter.

If you have jewelry hunting in mind, I think the Gold Bug Pro is only completely surpassed by the Gold Bug 2, but at 71 kHz, that thing will find a quarter of a BB at 6"!

That small coil is what you want and if you want a bigger coil for certain areas, upgrading to the 5x10 is showing to be a better move than the 11", which doesn't seem to have the same degree of sensitivity.

But you have to be warned that this detector will find very small targets of low conductivity trash like bits of aluminum, foil, and tin. You have to be ready for that. And bottlecaps? They are hard to avoid and you will likely dig a ton of them, at least in the beginning, but that's ok.

You're an Urban prospector and like any gold prospector will tell you, the gold don't come easy. You have to earn it. Lots of work. No avoiding that.

But at least you will have a detector that is actually capable of finding those tiny gold chains the thickness of a pencil lead. Most detectors, even the very high end ones, would pass that shallow target over completely without a hint of signal.

Will it hit on coins? Sure. Is it a coin machine? Nope. This is a gold machine that just so happens to be a great relic hunter and also does a pretty good job on coins too. But if you are a hard core coin hunter, I would probably steer you to another machine.

Is it a depth monster? Nope. But you will stay plenty busy. Trust me on that one. And you will find some amazing things.

Between its sensitivity and incredibly fast recovery due to its dual processors, there isn't much this machine will miss.

I don't know if this will encourage you or scare you. This is a great detector, but for my reasons pointed out above, it may not be for everybody. But then again, what detector is? :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread