Fisher Gold Slug SE

space_weaseal

Feb 15, 2010
Texas
I was going to wait on the Gold Bug SE but i found out my wife ordered me one for fathers day and it will be here tomorrow. I have seen some reports of problems that some plp are having with them and dont know if it is even worth dealing with. There is a chance that the one i get works great but if it does have problems will fisher take care of it with out any hassles??
I am on the fence about just sending it back without even opening the box but i also want to give it a chance that it will work as promised..I dont evevn mind sending it to fisher if there are problems, as long as they take care of it without any hassles.
So what would you do??
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :dontknow:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Re: Fisher Gold Bug SE

What do I do?

Never buy a first production run from any FT platform. Wait and see what the guinea pigs find out for me. I was looking at the Tek G2 and Fisher GB SE and wondering what the differences were, if any.

I'm guessing the Tek team is waiting until they get it right this time.

Good luck on your unit and hope you get a good one. Seeing that video of the unit that won't hit on a silver dollar an inch away just makes one wonder who's minding the mint down there.

OP
OP
S

space_weaseal

Feb 15, 2010
Texas

I spoke with Mr. Scott from Fisher and was assured that they would take care of everything if i get one with any problems, so i will be keeping the GB SE and testing it out tomorrow.
:notworthy: :hello2: :notworthy:

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hey there space weasel keep us posted for sure because i'm looking for a prospecting machine myself

OP
OP
S

space_weaseal

Feb 15, 2010
Texas

I got it last wed and it went back to fisher within a couple of hours.
They got it monday and i was told turn around time would be a week.

The GB SE i got had scratches on the arm cuff. flakes of metal om the inside of the screen, and was not property calibrated. Now Fisher knows about the issues with the SE's and they will take care of it, but unless you dont mind sending it back then i would suggest that you wait until they work out the QC issues with the SE's. I love my Fisher/FT detectors but the QC on this one was the worst have ever seen.
I think i may have to reconsider purchasing a Fisher in the future.
But the next day my new Omega arrived and it is perfect so i still have some hope left for FT.

hawk-run

Feb 24, 2010
I am from Gods Country
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT Garrett ACE 250 & Pro Pointer

Fisher Gold Bug SE.......... Is that the new fisher gold bug 3 ..? The picture here is this the detector you are talking about and were is the video were it will not pick up a silver dollar?

Attachments

• figb.jpg
    figb.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,642

kando

Nov 14, 2008
,U.S.A. almost in Canada
Detector(s) used
....Tesoro conquistador , minelab sovereign

I am not sure but i think the ....New Fisher Gold Bug 3 ...and the ...Fisher Gold Bug SE .. are the same detector.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

The .. new Fisher Gold Bug or Gold bug 3 what ever you want to call it. And the Fisher Gold Bug SE and now the Fisher Gold Bug Pro,, are all the same detector. But they upgraded the inner works on the SE and now they are upgrading the the inner works on the Pro... So they are all the same detector with each one being upgraded a bit and every time a new upgrade a new prefix like SE or Pro..

Attachments

• fisher-main-logo.jpg
    fisher-main-logo.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,523
  • fisher-main-logo.jpg
    fisher-main-logo.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 908

dfg4240

Jun 26, 2008
Pittsford,NY
Detector(s) used
whites eagle Spectrum. Mxt, Silver umax, Bandido ll umax, X-terra 70, Xterra-705, fisher F5, fisher CZ-70 pro
(3)Tejons, 3-Cibola, Teknetics T2, minelab Safari. Minelab SE Pro, Fisher CZ-3d. (2)el
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
enough said for me I
was thinking about it as a backup to my tejon but forget it for now.
DFG4240

TomNWMI

Feb 5, 2006
NWMI
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Musketeer, Tek G2, Omega and a Fisher ID Edge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher Gold Bug Reports

dfg4240 said:
enough said for me I
was thinking about it as a backup to my tejon but forget it for now.
DFG4240

Just to let everyone know the recalibrated Gold Bugs have been shipped and user reports are very positive.

Tom

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
read the post on this in the prospecting section metal detecting for gold !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread