Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I got my Omega love it ... BUT when i call Fisher and ask for there pamphlet they advertise they said yes we will get you one right out. 3 weeks ago so i put in my address in there web site got a answer back we will get it right out. Never got one so i called again got a different woman and she said we don't have them. Then i called 4 weeks ago and iasked if i could get a instruction manual on the new gold bug the one they sell at ..Cabela's .. yes sir i will get one right out to you . Never got one so i called back again got a different lady and she said we don't have any thing like that..It seems like every time you talk to a different person there you get a different answer like no one knows.. So i Emailed that rep from fisher Mike a week ago he never got back to me.....Now if that would have been Whites Garrett Minelab or Tesoro.... i would have had all the info in a week or less and no run around like i am getting from Fisher.. I will have to think about buying another fisher product. Really got me Pi$$ed

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been trying to get a catalog mailed to me also, no luck.......

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
gallileo60 said:
If there service to there detectors are like trying to get information from them it has to be pretty bad. Every time i talk to a different person there i get a different answer. Like they just tell you something to get rid of you..I don't think any one there really knows any thing..

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
gallileo60 said:
If there service to there detectors are like trying to get information from them it has to be pretty bad. Every time i talk to a different person there i get a different answer. Like they just tell you something to get rid of you..I don't think any one there really knows any thing..
My thought exactly. Customer service is everything to me regardless of how good I think the detectors operate. I have quite a few Fisher detectors and when they die, I'll bury them for Archies in the next century to find if we don't all perish in 2012 or get lost in Obama health care.

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
That is unfortunate. With the explosion of T2 and F75 sales, you would think they would move towards great customer service to keep that fire building. Whether I am getting better performance or not, I look at customer service as a large part of the selling point. I do the same with cars. If I do not have a good dealer I can count on, I will buy a different brand. :coffee2:

kando

Nov 14, 2008
,U.S.A. almost in Canada
Detector(s) used
....Tesoro conquistador , minelab sovereign
I have to go along with all of you " If you can not get any one to help you when all you want is information. I sure would hate to send my detector in to them for repairs .You do hear some good things about Fisher but very little good.. And then you hear the bad new's about Fisher a whole lot more bad than good. I would not buy a Fisher for when i want a answer i want a stright answer not the run around.I like to talk to people in a company that know what they are talking about.

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Good point, folks. I take issue with them because when the F-75 first came out, above and beyond denying that the unit had developmental problems, the designers actually went on the warpath accusing folks who had problems (including myself) in effect, of not knowing what we are talking about. Later of course, there were revisions, ect. that folks had to pay for, which was not right because the machines had the problems when they were sold to us new. I have purchased new Fisher detectors whenever a new design came out for the last 20 or so years, and still have 8 or 10 of the older ones (pre F-series), but until the F-75 came along, I never had a problem that warrented sending a unit back to the factory. When folks that bought the first F-75's sent their units in for being unstable, many were told the unit was fine. Of course I am certain that not every one sent in had problems, (for folks I am acquainted with had no issues with their units) however there were problems that Fisher still deny existed, and for that I do not plan on purchasing any more Fisher/First Texas products. Regards, Richard

Here is the link that I refer to:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,224348.msg1628288.html#msg1628288

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Richard, many of your posts encouraged me to finally get into the digital age with an F70 last summer, while Fisher service had really soured me to the brand. Especially the total debacle over getting my CZ20 upgraded earlier in the year. Associating FT with Fisher means ALL brands under that roof would be lost on me.

Understanding how bench tests are performed, parametrics evaluated, phase values and such I can see reasons why they might blow their repsonse methods and modes to real customer complaints. I've had years of experience to that end. Some engineers simply look at the numbers, and it's all good but having a unit on a bench checking it's values through a bus connector and running it over ground is where the truth tells out.

I'd like to see a high end CZ-5 revival myself. The F70 is an awesome machine for several reasons in my mind, but it's not going to meet the CZ in depth in my mind. However I've found enough oldies in the right circumstances with the F70 to warrant it's use and am looking forward to the next step up from the F75. "From the F75" that is because I continue to see it outdone in the field by the ETrac guys. I hunt with a good mix of newbies and old-timers and see that despite similar learning curves, REAL consumers are going ETrac over F75.

You'd think FT would review their position and decide results, not insults, get people back on board. Then again if you flood the market with enough units with the right price point, who cares, eh?!?

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I am not saying that Fishers detectors are not good.... I think they are far advanced in there technology of other detector makers..... BUT they pi$$ me off when you call and can not get a answer to a question and if you talk to two different people you get two different answers to the same question.

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
Lowbatts said:
Richard, many of your posts encouraged me to finally get into the digital age with an F70 last summer, while Fisher service had really soured me to the brand. Especially the total debacle over getting my CZ20 upgraded earlier in the year. Associating FT with Fisher means ALL brands under that roof would be lost on me.

Understanding how bench tests are performed, parametrics evaluated, phase values and such I can see reasons why they might blow their repsonse methods and modes to real customer complaints. I've had years of experience to that end. Some engineers simply look at the numbers, and it's all good but having a unit on a bench checking it's values through a bus connector and running it over ground is where the truth tells out.

I'd like to see a high end CZ-5 revival myself. The F70 is an awesome machine for several reasons in my mind, but it's not going to meet the CZ in depth in my mind. However I've found enough oldies in the right circumstances with the F70 to warrant it's use and am looking forward to the next step up from the F75. "From the F75" that is because I continue to see it outdone in the field by the ETrac guys. I hunt with a good mix of newbies and old-timers and see that despite similar learning curves, REAL consumers are going ETrac over F75.

You'd think FT would review their position and decide results, not insults, get people back on board. Then again if you flood the market with enough units with the right price point, who cares, eh?!?

Hello 'Batts!! Great to hear from you!! Yes, I remember what we spoke of and of course I stand by it. My F-70 has been a super machine, but you are right about the CZ's, the F series will not do what the others did, in my opinion. However, they tend to work much better in trash than the CZ's, of course that too is my opinion only. I took the post from the Fisher tech personally, and that's why I have the beef with them. As you and I have discused, not all F-series units had problems, and I sure am glad that you don't feel that I mislead you, for I would never intentionally do that. You are correct my friend, Fisher would be ahead of the game if they would take the time to consider what folks have told them instead of insulting their customers! They may not care about the return customers now, but how many folks are going to buy an expensive product like a metal detector without asking someone who owns one what that person thinks of this or that company? That is where it will bite them back!! Also, when I bought my 75th anniversary '75, the box said "Made In USA", and when I took it apart, it was clearly labeled "Assembled in Mexico", and when the tech responded he admitted that some work was done "across the river". Ridiculous!! Keep in touch, Lowbatts! :thumbsup: Regards, Richard

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have kept out of this but I'm going to speak my mind.. If getting a little info is that hard it doesn't speak well of their concern with their customers.. As far as service.. Most so called techs test the unit and then r+r what component they think the problem lies in.. They don't fix them really... FTP service is fairly quick.. But throw a detector on the bench and testing for a few moments doesn't always work.. This is what I think, you believe what you want.. The technology is great and IF and I mean IF you happen to get one that works like it should consider yourself lucky!! F75 and T2's are a GREAT detector IF they work.. I have has 3 lemons in a row from FTP and that's enough.. (2 F75"s and a T2 LTD..) One was sent in and came back just like it left but with a new coil.. The only way I would ever consider having another is if they gave it to me!! As I said this is my opinion but if you can't even get some simple info that doesn't take any effort on their part why buy another FTP..

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
Cosmic, That was exactly the way I felt. The unit is wonderful IF it works... Some did, a lot did not and FT should have paid attention to the voice of the consumer. Regards, Richard

metalmolly

Nov 5, 2008
The other side of the coin, I had great service!

I can understand the frustration people have had here and I'm not sure not going to defend First Texas in the way they handled some of these issues that have been mentioned. But the other side of the coin is I got GREAT service from them when I sent my detector in for repair several months ago. Felix assisted me in getting my detector sent in and he was very professional and friendly. And my detector came back properly repaired and working perfectly. So I will give First Texas a big :icon_thumleft: for the service they gave me.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i did get 1/2 of the information i asked for it took a well but i got it. I will get a Fisher and even another Teknetics detector. Even with all the problems they give you when you call or email them i still feel they are far advanced in there technology compared to the other detector makers. So i guess you will have some type of problems with what ever company you buy from at one time or another.. And .. seeker41..about the Emails i never did hear back from that Fishers Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread