Fisher Labs acquired by First Texas

R

rvbvetter

" ...furthers there position as a leader in detection equipment"

Who are they trying to kid?!!!! Now I know the end of the world is at hand. Time to assume the position and put my head between my knee's
Sad sad day for the hobby of detecting. I might just give up detecting and go back to golf. At least I was better at that, than bounter hunter is at detecting.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Well how bout that! The tip I got back weeks ago was true!

I posted this on here a while back.

Thanks for the update and I agree...this doesn't look too good.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
it may be too early to tell if the quality will drop off, but i wouldnt buy a fisher for a while until i found out! ::)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you guys are being too pessimistic. Look at the Tecnetics line of detectors BH has revived and the good reports on the T2. BH does make a lot of cheap entry level detectors but they also have some really good ones on the upper end of their product line like the Land Ranger and the Time Ranger. Both these units have all the bells and whistles that the other top of the line detectors have and either will detect coins to about 10" which ain't bad for a $500.00 detector. BH probably has introduced more newbies to the art of metal detecting than any other brand out there. I started with a BH detector as many others on the forum did and there are some really good detectorists who started that way, present company excepted. ::) I say let's wait and see before we go off half cocked. Monty

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
I agree this doesn't look good but not necessarily for what's to come but for what's already out there. You might want to review Sandman's thread in the Everything Else forum. A lot of users are being charged incredible repair rates for their detectors by Fisher. So much so that a lot of folks are just buying new detectors for slightly more. I would hate to imagine what my X-5 would cost for repairs. Is this a method to retire Fisher's "Lifetime Warranty" obligation to it's customers? Trying to remove a lot of older detectors from the market? I certainly hope this isn't so and I hope First Texas quickly reassures Fisher's customer base that the above sentences are not true.

George

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Baker, you may be on to something. I was just thinking that although Teknetic's and Bounty Hunter have been around for a long time, I seem to recall (vaguely) that they had problems in the past with reorganization Chapt. 13's. Not to say they are that way now by any means but seeing other great companies going down like Winchester. They went to Japan for a while and now----. Browning is another that jumped on the Japanese bandwagon. Don't get me wrong though, Fisher has some good detectors although I'm not as fond of the new models they have been putting out, there are some that swear by them and others that swear at them.
I've been running Fishers since their model 552D and have been happy thus far but now am seriously taking a 2nd look at Tesoro's line. JMO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread