** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Fisher lab's F-75 & Teknetics T2

The two detectors were made by Fisher or one of their engineers as I understand, but they have different guts and different circuits.

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,

they are differant yet similar, both high performance, light, fast audio responce, and handle iron well, i use the T-2 and love it, the F-75 runs even hotter, sound like some people have a hard time with it till you get use to hearing so much in the ground, they hit targets faster than you can think

LS hunter

May 13, 2008
LOUISIANA
Detector(s) used
WHITES V3...

Jim_K said:
From what i see the Fisher Lab's F-75 and the Teknetics T2 look the same and have the same Specifications i think they are same detector am i right??? ..... Fisher Lab's F-75 at $940.00 ....and the ...Teknetics T2 at $799.00 .....What is the best buy???????
They sure look a lot like each other,I just sent off payment for my T2 ,i got it for 425.00 shipped i think i got a good deal,ill keep you guys posted,its my first T2 i have all ways had garrett detectors then i tryed out mine lab i have the excal2 its not for me, i hope i and the t2 get a long!!!! :thumbsup:

Shenandoah Digger

Nov 22, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tried almost everything made since the late 60's

I'll agree with the features listed in that comparison, but that guy thinks the F75 is infinitely superior to every detector out there, and that's not entirely true. Obviously there are many great detectors on the market. The F75 is just one of them.

adh247

Oct 30, 2007
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Special Edition

where did you get a T2 for that cheap ($425) please fill me in!

SteveP (NH)

May 19, 2003
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

my understanding is that T2 and the F75 are basically the same machine but have different software. First Texas owns Fisher, Teknetics, and Bounty Hunter. Dave Johnson has been one of Fishers lead detector designers and engineers. When First Texas bought Fisher they had him design a new machine from the ground up. That machine became the T2. Then they took that design and tweaked it a little more adding notches and the ability to remember settings and changed the target ID scale so there were less numbers in the iron range and more in the coin range and that became the F75. So in effect the F75 is the T2 version 2.0. At the same time they kept working on getting some bugs out of the T2 software which is up to version 6.

You can read an interview with Dave Johnson about the T2 here http://www.tekneticst2.com/PDFs/Davids_interview2.pdf

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,

steve the first version that was available to the masses was the v-5 as far as i know. it takes me about 10 sec to ground ballance and set it up, not retaining your last settings is not an issue

SteveP (NH)

May 19, 2003
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

setting up the T2 isn't an issue for mr either - like you say it only takes a few seconds. In fact I kind of like it as it forces me to double check what they are, plus as you knoe, you should always ground balance when you first turn on the machine.

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

As far as comparing the two, I really can't say much other than these dectectors are made from the same company, First Texas Product, and have the identical enclosures, rods, coils, . . . I have read people complain about the durability of the T2 but I haven't read much about the durability of the F-75. Strange since that have the same exterior????

Obviously have a T2 and I am spending as much time as I can to get to know it better. Being upset about not saving the settings is silly. It takes seconds to set this machine up, there isn't very much to it. The manual is available online so you can read how easy and quick it is to set up. I honestly believe that you should set up your detector for the ground you are searching everytime you go to a site. I actually ground balance and adjust the machine every hour or so just to be sure I am "tuned in" the best I can be. I hear it described as a "hot" detector, it is pretty sensitive to Electrical Interference. I tried to hunt a park that was near a pasture that had an electric fence that surrounded a very, very large field and it was like the detector had a pulse. I thought the machine was malfunctioning till I took it back home and all was fine. The pinpointing on this machine works great! I reduce the sensitivity in the pinpointing, static mode and I can get right on top of the object everytime! The depth reading seems very accurate as well.

I had only used the machine in the All Metal Mode the first 5 trips out and I am truly amazed on the amount of metal in the ground in the areas I had hunted. I use low discimination now and I have started experimenting with the different number of tones, it DOES change the reaction of the machine I have found. I have only hunted with this machine about a dozen times and I am getting more and more confident in its ability. So far I have found my first buffalo nickel, Mercury dime and Walking half dollar at the local park along with a silver fork. My goal for the summer is an indian head penny.

I got mine at Cabela's in the bargain cave. The 5 year warranty still in full effect. I sent my detector back to the factory because of the Electrical Interference I was experiencing at a park and didn't really know what it was. The factory said they had issues with coil connectors so they replaced mine, they replaced the grip because they have a more durable one along with the "toggle" switch for "Fast Grab" Balancing and Pinpointing, they replace the battery compartment because they had an improvement with the battery springs and door ALL AT NO CHARGE. They were pretty quick about getting the machine back to me even though it was in the middle of winter and I wasn't using it. So the customer service is great!

Hope this helps, I love mine and I also own a Whites Series 6000 Series 2 back up machine.

Attachments

• Emigsville Park Finds.jpg
    Emigsville Park Finds.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 691

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread