FISHER PROTON 1 on ebay ends in five days

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Santa Marta de Magdalena,Colombia
Cocos Island

SS..
And everyone else on the Site,Hello and good to be here.
? This is mostly for SS.I'm Ken and live in the South of Costa Rica(Golfito)Been chasing the Dream for a number of years now.Done my share of Metal detecting(dug my share of Holes).Seen 60 Summers with wide Eyes and even fell in love a couple times.This Costa Rica has a lot to offer, in the way of Caches(Pirate,Indios) I'm not much into Robbing Graves(Indios) But I'm close to a lot of Pirate Activity.Not to mention the Gold thats come out of the Mountains and Streams.It's a nice place to be.I use Minelabs(sd2200d,Explorer and a Excalibur.)While reading on this Site I came across some Dialog between you,I beleive,and someone about Cocos Island.Could I share some links for Research with anyone?Having limited Spanish, it's difficut to do much reading,and I've just? begun to focus on this place called Isla Violin.Which is not far away.It's just North of Drake Bay, and is situated at the mouth of the Sierpe River.The biggest piece of gold(Nugget) to be found (and Reported!)in Costa Rica was pulled out of a Placer here.Please. have a look at this Web site and tell me your thoughts on It's connection to Cocos Island, is this guy just being Romantic.or is he full of it and just trying to sell his PROPERTY???Enough for now. Ken. Happy Trails. www.islaviolin.com

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Whether or not!
It was mistaken for "Cocos Is."? ???
You'd really have to ask the Pirates!
But! It sure looks like a good place for anyone to find or to hide Treasure!
As you know, "they" looked for a land feature(s) that could be easily and plainly seen!
When "they" hid teasure(s) caches!
It sure stands out, Sitting right there at the entrance of the River/Bay!
But! The same can be said for the opposite side, "Playa Ganado"!!
Or!
I can see several more VERY? :P? likely places up and down the coast line!
He may be using this and in all truth, there may be treasure on the property!
BUT!
Remember, NO ONE ALIVE KNOWS for sure!

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Santa Marta de Magdalena,Colombia
Cptbill.
thanks for that.I was hoping to hear from the Gents that Posted some conversation on Cocos.I have been searching every-where I'm sure I read it here on Cache Hunting,and I think one of the Gents was SS.They sounded like? they had done alot of Research,and had links and information on the "Big Coco's" Island.More than any-thing, I just wanted to dispel the Myth and move on.
? Funny you should mention the line about" ONLY THE DEAD PIRATES KNOW FOR SURE" I just came back last Thursday from an Outing across the Bay here in Golito.Some-one I know,has some Family/Friends there on a small Rancho.And one Night not to long ago,The Lady of the House heard noises fron the Chicken Tree/Coup and went outside the back door,there,standing not more than
10Meters, was a "Esperito de Pirata" looking soulfully down at a spot on the Ground.My friend offered to Dig,and when I went over with him in his little Boat With my Minelab(sd2200d) I learned a Chest had been dug up about 100Meters to the West,in the not too distant past, by some "Dutch" Guy with some kind of weird Detector,Just blew into town,3 days later he was gone.Supposedly it was Bronze, with gold Coins in goodly amounts.These Costa Rican people (the Older Generation) are very connecred to the Spirit-ual part of Life and very superstitious..P.S. All I found was a big hole my Friend had dug..enough. Ken

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Stoneshirt:
Don't discount the "SpookS"...? :-
And! I am NOT! referring to The CIA!
In the 12 yrs that I have been able to go TH'ing full time,
I have had a couple of very? :o weird/strange? :o things happen!
I had two other witnesses who were also there, on a couple of them!
AND!
I am a very, ? >:( ?It's either! >:( "Black Or! It's White" kind on person!
If you have seen some of my comments of the LRLs? :( and etc!?
You could easily guess/see,? ::) that to be true!
I am even thinking about contacting? :o "Unsolved MMystery's/u]+"? :o about going back to the areas, and see if the events are repeated!
Maybe, On this trip, March-Dec. sometime ?

Richard Ray

Feb 20, 2011
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Many brands, Magnetometer, GPR, Side Scan, etc.
Cocos and Violin Islands

I have posted about my experience on both locations. I've visited Cocos a couple times, explored it one time for 3 weeks.
Violin, I've been there many, many times. I lived at the south end of Drake Bay (Bahia Drake) for 10 years.
Richard Byrd Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread