Fisher service again

trainermick

Jul 15, 2009
Chatham, Ontario
Fantastic service once again from Fisher !! Phone call to Felix, connect with Daniel (Fisher technician) who asked me to try a few tests over the phone, connected back to Felix for RA #. Detector shipped to Texas from Canada, phone call from Felix to say repair was completed (problem with motherboard)and was being shipped back to me. Canada post dropped it off to me today, no charge !! This is the second time that I have dealt with Fisher service centre in close to 30 years and it went smooth both times. No complaints here.

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Made me pay to fix their mistake!

Glad it worked out for you.

Streak!

Mar 4, 2009
trainermick said:
Fantastic service once again from Fisher !! Phone call to Felix, connect with Daniel (Fisher technician) who asked me to try a few tests over the phone, connected back to Felix for RA #. Detector shipped to Texas from Canada, phone call from Felix to say repair was completed (problem with motherboard)and was being shipped back to me. Canada post dropped it off to me today, no charge !! This is the second time that I have dealt with Fisher service centre in close to 30 years and it went smooth both times. No complaints here.

its nice to hear a positive report! thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

gzimmer

Aug 6, 2007
Hi, I own two F75's and they are truly a great detector. However I do have a concern and was wondering if anyone else has seem this problem. I have one new F75 and one that I bought on Ebay used. Both machines are now displaying the same thing. When I go detecting and use either F75 after it has been stored in the bed of my pickup in the 90 plus degree heat the LCD screen on the detector is slightly cloudy or darker when it is exposed to direct sunlight. I suspect that this is caused because of the excessive heat??? This is the first year that I have experienced this problem. When I swing the detector in the sun it is okay, but when I return the swing and the LCD screen is slightly shaded the screen gets dark or cloudy and is hard to read. I sent my new (3 years old) to Texas today to see if they can find out what the problem is but I was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem? You can send me an e-mail at [email protected] or you can send an answer to this site.

Jerry

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gzimmer, sorry to hear of your problem with the screens. The heat and bounding around in the back of a pickup are no place for an electronic instrument. Much better to keep them in the cab only while to and from the hunt site and in the home afterward. You are lucky they turn on. :laughing7:

Take Care,
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread