Fisher tw-5 for deep searching?

Calgarychef

Jan 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I origionally posted this question in the meteroites section but haven't gotten an answer and I realized that maybe that forum gets less traffic than some.
So I hope I'm not spamming by posting the same question here but I need an answer :)

I've found a fisher tw-5 cable and pipe locator at a local auction here and I'm Wondering if it would be useful for finding deep buried meteorites. I have a specific location that's been heavily detected and I found a few bits of meteorites there too but there must be some deep stuff that's beyond the reach of my deus.

Does anyone have any opinions?

Thanks so much

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Calgarychef

Jan 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I called Fisher today and the answer is "if the meteorite is 36" or larger it'll work." The really interesting thing is this technical advisor at Fisher had never heard of an XP DEUS. I'd have thought someone working at a detector company would have hear of one of the best detectors available.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably has had no instruction on the Deus, no spec sheet or training, and is not encouraged to acknowledge or discuss other brands. That would make sense for most product representatives.

"Say - I'm looking ay your Apollo model, but what do you think about the Thor your competator sells?"

"The what? Never heard of them."

I think if I worked and discussed metal detectors all day my hobby would be glass-blowing or train modeling. I wouldn't want to immerse myself in the other offerings unless I was in marketing. I get away from my job and problems with detecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread