Five Bucks for Walkin the Dogz

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
While walking our two dogs on this very windy Monday morning I spied a folded-up five dollar bill sitting on top of a large piles of leaves. It was next to the curb. I presume it was lost when someone (probably a guy) pulled his car keys out of his pocket.

It's remarkable that in this wind it didn't blow away. And that will teach our kidz to not walk the dogs!

No photo - fives look like fives, and I don't know how to reduce or expand the image to keep it iegal.

While walking the dogs from time to time I find coins (including a quarter I saw in the moonlight last week) - and I did find a twenty about a year ago (I still walk this patch of sidewalk every day!).

I recommend when you're around a parking lot or large open area with ATM machines to check the curbs and the base of any landscaping or planting - where windblown money would lodge. A few years ago I found a twenty at the curb next to a local bank ATM.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I found money blowing in the street one day... fives and ones...

I was grabbing them up and looking for more when some kid showed up and grabbed some too...

I said: "Thanks for helping".

I then took all the money from him as he asked me: "Is this yours?".

I said: "Yup, and I sure appreciate you helping, here's five bucks." Handing him a fin and he had originally only grabbed two or three.

I ended up with Nine and he with five... it was easy pickings. :thumbsup:

Grats on the find!

TreasureHunters

Sep 21, 2009
Salem Oregon
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found $20 once from a local fair, I was probably 12 at the time (am 28 now) my sister and I were sad to go home from the fair early and I looked down and seen a $20 bill... long story short we had a great time!

pganjon

Nov 6, 2008
South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter 5, Ace 250
Hi, Was mowing in one of our parks today and spotted a folded bill in front of my mower about to get eaten. Got out and saw it was a twenty :icon_thumleft: Picked it up and it turned out to be two twenty's stuck together :headbang: We have a rescue mission close to home that is in dire need of funds, so I am going to send it there :sign13: Thanks for reading :coffee2: Paul

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best lesson to be learned is that you'll never find anything looking up ;D I have always had a habit since I was a kid to survey the ground as I walk and every year my eye finds increase, from coins to bills I grab them all. :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread