Five Guys Burgers and Fries

eggbag

Mar 17, 2008
By far the best fast food burger I've eaten. All they do is burgers and the occasional hot dog. Fresh never frozen all natural and no preservatives . Tons of toppings to choose from and the regular burger is two patties. They make hand cut fries and fry in peanut oil. I suggest getting the regular size fry, they put your burger in a brown paper bag with an overstuffed cup full of fries next to it then proceed to bury both under another pile of fries. I think the large fry is a burlap sack full or more. Also you get all you can eat peanuts for free while you wait and throw the shells all over the floor. I think they started in D.C. but are branching out rapidly. We've got three or so in C.T. now. Try it if you see it, you wont be disappointed!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been there once. It was good, but...

(not including a drink)

5 guys.jpg fries.jpg

KYBourbon

May 24, 2009
White House, TN
Detector(s) used
MXT, F2, F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have just had a couple of those open nearby, I second that it's the best burger I've ever had.... fries are so fresh they post the farm the potatoes came from on a tote board each day (and speaking of fries... we learned the hard way there's no need to order a large!)

As far as the nutrition info goes, I honestly don't care. Some folks live and die by those labels, and get paranoid over every little calorie, ingredient, and gram of fat. I prefer to eat what I want (in moderation) and let God decide when it's time for me to go to the big house. I figure if He put it on the Earth for man to eat, I may as well have it once in a while :)

OP
OP
E

eggbag

Mar 17, 2008
Hey GIB you still have 636 calories left over for dessert.

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Eyes, ears and common sense
Can not beat the Carls Junior $6 portabello mushroom burger. Have no Idea why they call it $6 burger as I only ever paid $3.98 for them in California.

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
GIB said:
I've been there once. It was good, but...

(not including a drink)

I am not sure how bad fat is on a diet - we make our own fat when we eat sugars... isn't fat on the waist worse than fat in a meal?

Remember - Robert Atkins died at age 72 from a fall!

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/HEALTH/04/17/obit.atkins/

I do think liquified cholesterol (like ice cream!) is bad for your arteries!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions