Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thursday I returned to the beach that has been challenging me with a piggy bank of quarters. Two previous trips have turned up approximately 12 quarters in the same area each time. I spent 5 hours on the outgoing tide and although I couldn't find a single area with a good concentration of quarters, I was able to locate 54 coins up and down the beach in about 3 to 4 feet of water.

IMG_4421.JPG

14q, 3d, 4n, 33 memorials, 2 junk hoop earrings, 1 junk post, and a custom military style dog tag

Last edited:
Upvote 13

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you are finding where the coins are hiding and anyone of the Junkers next time will be the real deal!
Great bunch of finds! Congrats!
I like the tag.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't remember the last time I found that many coins in a single hunt. Nice job!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't put them all in your pocket at the same time. If the tide comes in, you may have to swin to shore. Solid finds though...

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bet you were busy, I am curious as to how many junk targets you dug, maybe a 3 to 1 trash to treasure ratio?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds !!!!!Plenty of gold there just gotta find it Good job!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
against the wind

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet you were busy, I am curious as to how many junk targets you dug, maybe a 3 to 1 trash to treasure ratio?

With the Excalibur,, you can ignore all iron targets if you want. Bottle caps and the steel hoop earrings have a similar audio signal. The signal I will chase all day long is a foil signal. It's tone is very close to a gold signal. When it comes to the Excalibur, I have a mentor. He hunts for a living. I call him The Surfman.

This guy has hunted Hong Kong, all over Europe, and now he is in Russia. It has been suggested that I dig some iron on purpose because iron will sometimes mask the gold.
So the ratio of junk targets to treasure is very low with most junk targets being dug on purpose.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread