Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can walk along a parking lot and see a penny on the ground and not even take the time to pick it up. But find one in the ground as your first MD find and its a "Hallelujah" experience.

As a matter of fact, I was trying out my new Ace 250 for the third time, and decided the lake bed I tried the first two times was full of nothing but beer cans. I went to a local baseball field and the Ace was quiet except for 5 pennies, 1 soda can and a piece of foil. I was getting hits at 8+ but decided not to dig, as I was just getting used to how the Ace sounded and how good the depth meter was picking up 2-4". The belltone is getting to be like the Pavlov's dog experience. Belltone= A wide eyed rush of anticipation.

So I have found my first treasure (?) and taking time to learn how to make a nice plug to return to the hole.

My next investment................a plug digging tool. This one seems nice.

Upvote 0

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
Do you really want to lug something like that around with you when you detect? A lestche digger and hunting knife are the heaviest digging tools I use. A brass probe saves a lot usless digging as well.

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmmm.............I don't know. I haven't tried the method your mentioned. Of course, myself growing up in Florida, the ground is much easier to move something, like a probe, around in, unlike the hard clay we have in TN. All I have right now is a Garrett hand spade. A plug would come out perfect, up here, and you crumble the clay back into the hole as you find the target. At least thats what I try to do now. But I will try the probe thing also, and see how that works.

Thanks.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those Lesche Diggers sure have gone down in price the last couple of years. $40.00 is a steal in my opinion. Those things are practically indestructable, I've been really mean to mine at times, didn't even bend it.

Happy Hunting / Night Stalker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions