Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Woke at 5am to metal detect and had to walk the dog before leaving for the beach. Hit the beach at 6:30am and hunted till 12pm. I knew it was going to be a good day when I hit a nice costume ear ring 10 secs after turning on my CTX 3030. I knew it was really going to be a good day metal detecting when I hit my first ring about 2 minutes into the hunt as I was headed for the water. And, I knew it was going to be a really really good day when I hit my second ring about 15 minutes into the hunt. And this was all on dry sand!

Rings 031519.jpg

Sterling ring one 031519.jpg

I was having such a good time (read; targets abound) that I spent an hour searching the dry sand before hitting the water, which was a cool 66 degrees. It wasn’t long, about 1 ½ hrs into the hunt when I snagged a Triton Tungsten Carbide ring in 2 ft of water, making it 3 for the day. A short time later, I found this nose ring marked “Moth”. [A ring is a ring; number 4.]

Triton Ring 031519.jpg

Nose ring Moth 031519.jpg

After about 3 hrs and 15 minutes in the water I decided to hit the dry sand as I meandered back toward the truck. BANG! I could not believe it but found my 5th ring for the day.

Sterling ring number two 031519.jpg

I looked at the rings in detail when I got home and found that 2 were marked 925 sterling silver (1 looks like a Pandora ring), 2 were unmarked costume jewelry and the nose ring was marked “Moth”, and appears copperish.

Of course, the hunt could not be complete without the customary Cremation Tag; this one is marked “Restland Crematory 29973”. Interestingly, the only Restland crematory I could find was in Dallas Texas. My 4th crematory tag this year. I’ll return it to the Gulf next week.

Restland crematory 0312519.jpg

Happy Hunting

Upvote 0
Make that 6 Rings

After publishing the above post, I couldn’t shake the feeling that something just wasn’t right. Tossing and turning all night, I went over and over the hunt the previous day in my head and realized that a ring I had recovered in about 5 ft of water was gone. I awoke at 6am to realize; the metal detectorist who finds rings lost one. It was still dark outside when I grabbed a flash light and headed for the car port where I wash everything when I get home – nothing there. Carpeted stairs? Nothing. A search of my pouch, with numerous pockets, also failed. I searched the truck and driveway. Nope. Returning to the truck, I again searched the pouch when I found the ring under the pouch on the floor. – the 6th ring! :hello2::headbang::hello2:

6th Ring Silver 031519.jpg

The ring is marked 925 silver and “CB”. I’ll have to check the stones to see if they’re diamonds. Ya know ya had one heck of a hunt when you find so many rings you can’t keep them straight. I hope to have more of these “problems” in the future metal detecting.

Congrats great hunt for you

Very nice finds. Congrats

Wow Ineed a day like that I think 3 is the best Ive ever done Well done Tommy

Dang you crushed it! :occasion14:

You are a ring finder land and sea both deliver for you GREAT HUNT. Waiting for 1st ring with a diamond in it small or big single. HAPPY HUNTING

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back