Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
To pass time during the summer I'll occasionally head out to some of the local beaches and get out in the water searching for a little lost bling. Hadn't been out much at all until last week, but finally managed to hit 3 different sites for a couple hours each. Didn't do too bad in the ring department with a couple of tungstens (including a huge black one), a silver with a nice ruby stone, a white gold, and a 14kt/925 composite. But the jellyfish were back in force already so I had to throw on the long pants. Still got stung on the arm though. Guess I'll give it another shot in a week or so when the tides will be cooperating again, but with the jellyfish in full force the swimmers may be staying mostly on dry sand. Be glad when the colonial relic fields open back up for business in a couple months ....

Attachments

• rings July 2017.jpg
    rings July 2017.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 135
Upvote 23

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's it...

I am detecting fields now. :P

J/k... and I will detect a fields anyway... love em... and any other place not covered by asphalt and concrete.

Um... and would detect asphalt if I was permitted to dig... but for some reason they frown on asphalt digging around here.

Anyway...

Well done man. :)

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Show off! That silver with ruby is beautiful looking ring. I understand about the jellyfish, I got nailed in the leg a couple of weeks ago. Problem was after he stung me I went to go push him away, lost my footing and fell on it with my other leg. They're sneaky buggers!
I expect to see a monster gold/diamond ring from you in a week or two.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG - I wear a lite dive jacket or a sweat shirt to keep the jelly fish off me - I usually will
wear a thin pair of gloves so I can push them away - Ive never gotten stung below the knee
will wear lycra bike shorts under my bathing suit to keep them from getting me from knees on up

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG - I wear a lite dive jacket or a sweat shirt to keep the jelly fish off me - I usually will
wear a thin pair of gloves so I can push them away - Ive never gotten stung below the knee
will wear lycra bike shorts under my bathing suit to keep them from getting me from knees on up

Getting stung by fire coral is no picnic either... I learned that the hard way! :o

Congrats on the very nice finds!!! :icon_thumright:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure makes the day when you can walk off the beach with some Gold!..:icon_thumright:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
five is a nice round number, actually any number of rings is pretty good especially when they are nice ones. congrats. even though I am from Arkansas, I have lived in the Pacific, by the Gulf and even the Atlantic, curtsy the military as both a brat and my own service. never was fond of the jellyfish nor their relatives, seems like we used vinegar for treatment. hope everything works out for you quickly, sure would like to see some more ring finds

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey even though it's not colonial old relics, those are some sweet rings! Nice work

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one sweet day of detecting! Love finding rings and you had a truly great haul - congrats! :occasion14:

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
You're 5 rings closer to a posey! Nice show Bill. Cheers buddy

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would take a sting from a Jellyfish for those five rings. I would have to go back a beat on some Jellyfish with a jar of peanut butter!!!!

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job man... you make it look so easy. That ring with the Ruby is really nice. I'm always impressed with your summer water hunting success. Looking forward to the next one and those Colonial spots opening back up for you.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would like a closer look at the silver one, please send it to me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread