What I found today with my new detector

oldwormwood

Aug 17, 2015
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Still doing research, but I still have my Micronta (Radio Shack) 3000 from the late 1970s!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Earlier today in the metal detecting forum, I mentioned how I used my detector for the first time (in fact, this is the first time I’ve been detecting in about forty years), and posted a few of my morning finds. Here are the things I found this afternoon in my back yard. I still have more than half the back yard and all of the front yard to go.

The first group is not too exciting. There are an aluminum screw, part of an old pull tab, some fencing wire, and the remains on a soda can.

File_000.jpeg

The last group is a bit more interesting. There are three Lincoln Memorial cents (all zinc), a bullet that is mushroomed/looks like it impacted something, but is still in the casing, and an ornate brass Victorian draw pull.

File_001.jpeg

The best part was that my daughter detected with me, and she seemed interested in the whole process. Maybe she will be my detecting partner.

HH
Jonathan

Upvote 15

skipper1

Greenie
Jul 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, hey, you gotta start somewhere and congrats on getting the little one involved.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
great start with a lot of promise, find her ring and its a done deal

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really liked the part about your daughter tagging along. It's a great hobby and I'm looking forward to bringing my new grandson along as soon as he's toddling around. Can't imagine anything that would have thrilled me more as a kid than having my dad or grandpa taking me treasure hunting! Congrats on the finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions