goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit a beach here on the east coast yesterday (Wednesday). From what I observed there was a lot of sand missing from that beach since the last time I had been there.
I found several older coins (1953 nickel,a couple of 1965 dimes) in the wet sand. All had certainly been there a long time.....most of the pennies I found were encrusted. I also found a solid brass US Deputy Marshal's badge. I found it in the dry sand though....so not sure if it's just something for the kids. Will post a pic of it later. Two other beaches I went to on Monday seemed to have been sanded in. Found less than a dollar in change at both beaches and most of it was from the dry sand. The northeasterly winds and surf we had this last week did take a lot of sand out. Seems to be calming down now.

badge.jpg

Last edited:

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
The problem is the replenishment and the rapid shifting sands. So even good looking cuts might be sanded in. Go barefoot and get the feel of the ground. If you can find the hard pack around six inches down then you will definitely have targets. Does not mean good targets but that is your best chance. You should cover a lot of grand until you find the hard pack and then search that area slowly.

I'm not sure that advice on the treasure coast is entirely accurate for the Gulf. The patterns of the waves and tides are completely different. We also don't have known treasure ships pinpointed on GPS to hunt across from.

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have had some pretty good luck the past few days on the Treasure Coast. There has been some really deep cuts 3 to 5 feet deep on some beaches. Found a lot of old green clad and a few rings. There were plenty of targets near the cuts and wet sand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread