Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not heard of anything but I will search the net! I wish I could get back down that way!

OP
OP
M

musstag

Aug 10, 2006
I was there this weekend. I have found that it was located by the tractor drivers from a beach reclaimation effort, dredging up sand and pumping and spreading it on the beaches making a large perm. Operations have been halted, officially due to finding a dead sea turtle. The dredge is anchored about 300 yards off shore, 400 yards west of the gulf park just south of the Bridge. I only found some clad.

Kimber23539

Dec 6, 2006
Crestview, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I'm "right here" too, and I remember hearing about the dead sea turtle, but not the coins, weird. I am still frustratingly brand new but I will most likely be making that beach one of my planned hunts as soon as Christmas comes and I can get my hands on my new detector ;D

insider

Greenie
Jan 16, 2007
Ah yes, the old "dead sea turtle" ploy! Gives them time to go in and do an "enviromental assesment" while they search for all the goodies, and tell everyone nothing to see here. :o

Old Tom

Aug 4, 2006
Milton, Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster PI, Eagle Spectrum, Fisher 1235-X, 1280-X
I am close too, Milton Florida. I hunted Pensacola beach last summer. Planning to do more local beaches this year.
I have not heard anything about old coins being found but would like to know more about it.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
There was a sack of older (30s) coins found about 5 months ago that was probably from a home that Opah or Ivan cleaned out. It was mostly dimes, a few quarters etc. It was found close to the start/beginning of the no hunt area of the National Seashore on the Pensacola side. I was out there yesterday and a gentleman walked up to me and asked how I was doing. When I showed him the clad, lighters etc I had found and I was kinda new to MD and I was sure the area was worked over good by people better than me. He told me that he had found the sack and to never assume that nothing was there and if it beeped I better be digging. lol I really enjoyed his encouragement

He also told me that the sand being tossed up on the beach was pretty well strained/filtered before it was placed so if I had a small/low tone to dig deep in those areas for whatever it was was under the new sand if it had been there awhile.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread