Flake and shards for Christmas Eve

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still drizzling here and didn't get to spend much time in the creek but did find a sweet little flake and the shards are from last Sunday. Now if I could just get lucky enough to find whatever they were making from that flake and this is the 3rd one I've found...getting closer to it I think :laughing7:. What material do you guys think it is?

WP_20141224_006.jpg WP_20141224_007.jpg
WP_20141224_008.jpg WP_20141224_011.jpg

Upvote 1

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Neat flakes Is a chert? I hit my spot today, 1 shard and a railroad track silver quarter(flat):icon_scratch:. Tony

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to be activity in the area,you keep at it getting out is the big reward.It's coming for you.:thumbsup:
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to be activity in the area,you keep at it getting out is the big reward.It's coming for you.:thumbsup:
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:

Yep definitely was a campsite here...I've found over 200 shards in the last year and not so many stone things but they're buried deep in the beds and banks of my creek. True the getting out is the best part. It's been raining a couple days here and moving things around...tomorrow will be sunny and I plan on being out quite a bit. Maybe Creek Spirit will let me find that gray point for my Christmas present lol

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep definitely was a campsite here...I've found over 200 shards in the last year and not so many stone things but they're buried deep in the beds and banks of my creek. True the getting out is the best part. It's been raining a couple days here and moving things around...tomorrow will be sunny and I plan on being out quite a bit. Maybe Creek Spirit will let me find that gray point for my Christmas present lol
Wooodoggy it's been raining cat's & dog's here to the east of you today.May luck be with you tomorrow.:goldtrophy:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you are getting closer to the treasure. HH, rock

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on finding those Peaches, very nice! I went out for a bit yesterday and my hands were freezing....guess I should have worn gloves..duh!

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on finding those Peaches, very nice! I went out for a bit yesterday and my hands were freezing....guess I should have worn gloves..duh!

So good to see you back Kat! :hello2: Yep gloves help a lot! It's been cold here at night and getting ready to feel like January after this weekend.
Here's a pic of the other 2 flakes and shards I found Christmas week. One I thought was the same material isn't and I'm guessing rhyolite on it.
WP_20141230_002.jpg WP_20141230_005.jpg

I didn't realize how red my fingers were till I posted this pic...thinking I just got done doing dishes or something lol But even with gloves on outside fingers still get pretty cold.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, what are you doing with my hands...lol It's been snowing ALL day here, we've got 6 inches of new stuff! Really nice "Christmas" finds Peaches...I see pattern on that one! Get your gloves girl....I should talk, right? :)

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh no! not snow! You'll never find anything in that stuff! We're in for some rain tonight and tomorrow so guess I'll be inside cleaning house. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread