Flake knife & lots of old stuff today!

Hot diggity

Nov 19, 2014
Flake knife & lots of old stuff today!

Early this morning (in Ontario) a friend & I hit a busy area along a river which has overlapping layers from the archaic period to the late 1800's. We split our options & he detected while I dug for nonmetals. At the end we pool our finds & draft our picks. The guy with the best find gets 1st pick (that object) then it's up in the air. We both did really well & most importantly I got 1st with my knife! Sorry Glenn. Next time bud. Never discouraged he kept swinging on the way out of the woods & found an old buckle with a big root growing through it! I drafted it. We found archaic copper, old ammo & lots of pottery (Native Petun we believe). We covered more ground & nobody left empty handed. The drafts are fun! Here is just my share for a few hours work. Thanks bud & thank you for reading.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
OP
OP
Hot diggity

Hot diggity

Nov 19, 2014
I hit the send button by mistake. The pics are under "Oops here are the pics... I'm a noon." Spell check kicks a "noob" when he's trying to correct himself

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hot diggity dog where are the pics ,vanzutphen

OP
OP
Hot diggity

Hot diggity

Nov 19, 2014
Scroll down maybe? Or up? Posted "Oops here are the pics... I'm a noon." It's been up since a few min after the original post - my bad though.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HD, if you forget the pics next time, you can just edit the original post and attach them. Don't forget to hit " save"!
Very nice old finds!

OP
OP
Hot diggity

Hot diggity

Nov 19, 2014
Oh! Thanks a lot OD. I had no idea. I will remember that & hopefully I won't send without pics again anyway. Cheers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread