Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha..Just another great scare tactic. He mentions " Kids can download apps, then predators will know where they live"...uh yea..so can a guy driving around a van.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe it! Worked for a bigger company and would go into the tech room from time to time. I got to see all the things that were done with company phones, emails,tablets... So, sure! Why? couldn't or wouldn't be done on a much bigger scale. I know for a fact that company can turn cameras on, mics on, and could operate that phone or tablet from that department. Creepy stuff!

Oh, I dont doubt its real, I just think that people would get bored after about 30 minutes of the dumb shiii i talk about..lol

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree! With that...I'm sure I can see what my neighbors are doing if I worked at it hard enough! I really don't have the patients for all that! lol

Just like you said they aren't stealing the info to drive around and take the average person's kids!

I do believe they might be compiling info though.
Even though I saw what they could do at that company, I'm still using one of their phones since I do work for them from time to time. They had over 1200 company phones and prob just as many tablets. So those 4 guys sitting in that room would have to be really bored to watch all of them!

I could see where if some weirdo was obsessed with a neighbor or so, it could be kinda creepy...So on another note...How I can check out my neighbors? :occasion14: Mine are 2 college girls

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So my flashlight app was over 3mb :icon_scratch: thats gone now lol

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I deleted mine this AM. I am thinking about wiping the phone and trying again.

Mine said it could take pictures and video without my permission, acess my contacts and connect at will to the Internet!!!! ???

I must have been barracho when I okayed any of that!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My 'fancy' phone has about three features. I can use it to make phone calls, people can call me, people can text me, and I can text them. That's all. I even tried to get the texting function disabled, but the company said it was necessary to notify me when my card needed renewing. No camera, almost no anything else. lol It's only on when I leave the house. I use probably around 10 to 20 minutes a month.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
My 'fancy' phone has about three features. I can use it to make phone calls, people can call me, people can text me, and I can text them. That's all. I even tried to get the texting function disabled, but the company said it was necessary to notify me when my card needed renewing. No camera, almost no anything else. lol It's only on when I leave the house. I use probably around 10 to 20 minutes a month.

Thats what I use to have for a phone,but,it took a fall and splattered all over the pavement:laughing9:I went to the store to buy a new one but they were out of them.I ended up having to get a LG g3 for 15 bucks.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats what I use to have for a phone,but,it took a fall and splattered all over the pavement:laughing9:I went to the store to buy a new one but they were out of them.I ended up having to get a LG g3 for 15 bucks.

I set my LG Verizon phone on my cars trunk or roof-top about 3 months ago. Got about 6 miles down the road and DUH...!!!!! ENTERED my mind!!!!! I tore up my ridge top road looking for it (7/10's mile) before the main road and I never found it.

Waited 3 days looking and hoping. Checked my account and NO CALLS WERE MADE. Finally went in to cancel and get a new one. I asked for a replacement phone JUST LIKE THE ONE I HAD... The rep said they may "have one". Well, they had one "close" and it cost me $1.00. But I've now learned to "hard-copy" all my contacts. I lost so many and wish I had them back.

HARD COPY YOUR IMORTANT CONTACTS.... or don't *****....!!!!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I set my LG Verizon phone on my cars trunk or roof-top about 3 months ago. Got about 6 miles down the road and DUH...!!!!! ENTERED my mind!!!!! I tore up my ridge top road looking for it (7/10's mile) before the main road and I never found it.

Waited 3 days looking and hoping. Checked my account and NO CALLS WERE MADE. Finally went in to cancel and get a new one. I asked for a replacement phone JUST LIKE THE ONE I HAD... The rep said they may "have one". Well, they had one "close" and it cost me $1.00. But I've now learned to "hard-copy" all my contacts. I lost so many and wish I had them back.

HARD COPY YOUR IMORTANT CONTACTS.... or don't *****....!!!

Always do,on a slip of paper in my wallet:laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread