flat gold pan

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i see a video awhile back that showed a guy panning wit an oversized flat green pan an now i cant find it for the life of me. anyone else seen this video?

Which one
The Easy Pan is the most common lately. by usprospector.com but they are out and waiting for more from the mold place.
Jobe has the Aussie pan which has all the ridges in it.

One guy around here has switched to roasting pan from the restaurant supply to fast pan the lights out of a 5 gallon bucket at a time.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cool and I think they sell em at Clear Creek Prospecting Supply. Is it an important piece of gear? Not for most people but cool.

OP
OP
tweeta_bear

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
i havent even perfected panning with the one i got... but i thought it was cool!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Just watching that video makes my back start hurting! Thank goodness I don't stream/river pan much anymore! Patio chair and a cut down 55 gallon drum is a lot easier on the back!

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
Very interesting thanks for sharing . Sent the link to my Dearest Hubs who goes with me when I go rock hounding and I go with him gold panning. Even trade ya know .. LOL

mrlindeman

Feb 6, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I dont see that working on most gold in my area for sure lol. we get such flat gold here it rides throughout the black sands. Some of it wont sink through. I use a super sluice and that is good for most of what anyone could need but it takes a workout for sure. That pan seems like it would rock for nuggets say .07 GRM and larger.

OP
OP
tweeta_bear

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
Just watching that video makes my back start hurting! Thank goodness I don't stream/river pan much anymore! Patio chair and a cut down 55 gallon drum is a lot easier on the back!

if you could figure out how to make a tripod stand with an adjustable pendulum you wouldnt need do do anything but load it and swing it. lol

OP
OP
tweeta_bear

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
Interesting but I'm not concerned with speed panning. I don't need to pan my cons that fast. Might be good for sampling though. I see a use for it there.

it dont look like he classified the material either, but yes very good sampling pan. i wouldnt mind getting one just to add to my collection... i have just as much fun buying new equipment:)

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread