Flexable 6" hose .

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
Flexable 6" hose .

I wonder if this hose could be used in about a ten foot section for flexibility and ease of use. I plan on joining it with a 20' section of more heavy duty hose.

I believe most plug ups occurs higher up the hose where i would be able to hit the hose with anything if i needed to.

Flex Tube PV PVC Duct Hose Clear 6" ID 0 035" Wall 25' Length | eBay

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
0.035 inch of wallthickness will provide you much flexability.If it was a polyurethane hose i would take the risk as a short frontsection.My experience with pvc hoses is very limited but i suspect one edgy rock plugging could cut it .

SHoward

Mar 14, 2014
Dadeville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It holds up well in the dust collection system in my shop, but I think rocks and sand going through it may be a little more than it can handle.

OP
OP
principedeleon

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
I think a very flexible hose help the dredge operator dredge more careful of plug ups and more in ease with less to struggle with.

I could cut it in two sections and have another piece for back up.

What messes up the hoses most of the time is yourself trying to unplug the hose.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem with adding a section is that it gives a plug up point at the connection, mid hose. I've ran clear flow from valley rubber on my 6" for years and it is light and holds up well. I tried to find a link but there isn't one as usual. If you have heavy hose and very little current, small inner tubes can be mounted on the hose to totally lighten it up to a one handed operation... hence°°° 016_13A.JPG 022_19A.JPG

OP
OP
principedeleon

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
Flexable 6" hose .

Well there is a link of a very flexible hose selling for about 6 dollars the foot. The hose i have is the kanaflex cl110 it has a smooth outside like a pressure hose ..

Ill be giving them both a try .. I think the more flexible hose is what might stick with. Just because the overall portability and functions.

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well there is a link of a very flexible hose selling for about 6 dollars the foot. The hose i have is the kanaflex cl110 it has a smooth outside like a pressure hose ..

Ill be giving them both a try .. I think the more flexible hose is what might stick with. Just because the overall portability and functions.

That's definitely the wrong hose... I use that for the pressure hoses. I think you want the 150 to 180 though the 180 is really light.
or http://www.morelandhose.com/industrial_hose/images/kanaflex/KANALINE FW.jpg

OP
OP
principedeleon

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
I have purchased it from centralstateshose.com and i called them to see if i could find something else i could replace it for .. I was trying to change it for a air duct hose but they wanted 40 something dollars the foot.

I tried seeing if they carry any other kanaflex hose and they dont they told me the cheapest other 6" hose they carry cost 25 dollars per foot. Which i believe is the same hose i have in the link above.

OP
OP
principedeleon

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
So i found someone who carries the 150 cl but it seems is as light as the other hose they have on ebay since is like a pound something a foot.

Centralstatehose has the kanaflex SR which is similar as the one you pictured but is actually heavier then the one i have weighting at 3.88lb a foot.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even Keene hose is less than that and it's double the price of most rubber business. Don't you have any rubber manufacturers where you are? I would think that hose would be available locally at any plumbing or rubber shop.
Keene Engineering Online 6" Clearflow Suction Hose

OP
OP
principedeleon

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
Which one the 150cl or the flextube pvc hose they have on ebay? The kanaflex hose most manufactures dont want to sell them in less then a 50' roll since they dont normally carry that type of hose. I have found a hose store in WA that would sell me just the 25' of 150cl hose for around $160 plus shipping..

OP
OP
principedeleon

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
Thanks!! It for sure sounded better talking to them on the phone; like they have it on stock and its ten cents less then the other quote per foot.
I would be buying from goodyear because i definitely need one loll

OP
OP
principedeleon

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
So i just got my hose and im very happy with my purchase. I recommend anyone buying from them anytime..shipping was super fast just one day wait.

Thanks reed once again!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439004906.636821.jpg

OP
OP
principedeleon

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
Okay so my dredge hose didn't withstand the suction and rocks jams inside of it .. The reinforcement rings would join everytime and it made the hose to break in pieces ..

OP
OP
principedeleon

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
Flexable 6" hose .

So i guess i would need a heavier / stronger hose ..

After researching i found out that the next step up hose is the kanaflex 155gy ..

Before someone makes the same mistake going with the 150cl i wont recommend it for dredging unless you need it for just one season ..

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread