Florida Beach Bound!!

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
I'm a truck driver and live in Florida and "finally" got a load going home!! I will have about 6 days off (without pay!) due to being out on the road for so long (about 6 weeks!).

Once I land at home, it's off to the beaches with my metal detector. I want to hit miami (cost would be about $230 for gas, hotel, food, etc..round trip), and other beaches. Mumsie told me about some places to check too, and I already have them in my gps.

I'm ready to roll!! I just have my little walmart cheapie bounty hunter, and will dip the coil in the water and see if I find anything. I plan to get a much better underwater detector to do some serious swimming/md'ng in the future.

uugghh!! I'm tired of snow and freezing cold!! My dogs are even tired of it!! We did a happy dance when I told them we are heading home!! (trailer being loaded now, orlando bound!). We are currently in franklin, ohio.

I will also be shooting some nice video of my mdin'g adventures and post on youtube, etc..

Stay tuned, let's see what the pups & I can "find" so I can live up to my name Florida Treasure "finder"!! lol.

skt ;D

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drive safe and good luck on your hunting......

Sorroque

Jan 5, 2007
Canaberal de Ayzm
Detector(s) used
GMHCX3
30x30x30
When hurricanes produce a 30' waves in a storm surge, and throw a 30lb. sand bag 30' into the air at a place where treasure ships sunk near a shore, hunt.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im in columbus!! swing by and pick me up before you leave??? :help:

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Drive safe and watch out for the other drivers! Especially tonight and tomorrow morning! I look forward to seeing what you find and you definitely need to get a water machine when you can! Good luck

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you get to Miami,The beaches are weird.I'm still hearing about my last trip.That's all i am saying.LOL :tongue3:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drive safely and watch the other drivers as most are playing with their cell phones as they drive. Hope you have fun in the warmer weather and find something neat.

Place a baggie over the controls to protect it from the spray too.

OP
OP
FloridaTreasureFinder

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Sandman said:
Drive safely and watch the other drivers as most are playing with their cell phones as they drive. Hope you have fun in the warmer weather and find something neat.

Place a baggie over the controls to protect it from the spray too.

Hello, pups & I got home today around 2pm. We spent the night in a rest area in Georgia. Spending New Years in a rest area!! lol.

I will definately put a baggie over my controls. I am excited to get to the beaches. I set aside some money for the trip.

Today I just decided to stay home, clean house, rearrange the living room furniture, shower, cook dinner, rest, etc.. I have 6 days off this week, so I will make good time for md'ing.

ttyl, skt

OP
OP
FloridaTreasureFinder

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
mumszie said:
Drive safe and watch out for the other drivers! Especially tonight and tomorrow morning! I look forward to seeing what you find and you definitely need to get a water machine when you can! Good luck

Yes, for sure, I am saving up for a nice underwater machine. I also need to get either prescription dive mask or some other option for my vision problems.
Sorroque said:
30x30x30
When hurricanes produce a 30' waves in a storm surge, and throw a 30lb. sand bag 30' into the air at a place where treasure ships sunk near a shore, hunt.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. No matter how much we hunt, and cover the areas, mother nature churns things around to give us something new to find. :)

Looking forward to getting out there. I have 6 days off this week & will get in some quality md'ing time.

skt

OP
OP
FloridaTreasureFinder

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
I went out today to Lake Butler. I found 2 quarters, a possible penny, and a big heavy metal thing. And some sharp objects that people could step on and get injured. And some other trash. On the big metal thing, it may be a gun, or a wrench, or a pipe, or ?? I have to clean it up to find out what it is. I made some video, but the helmet cam wasn't positioned very good. You can see a little, but it's not my best video. I'll put it together with some other video and post it up tomorrow.

skt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread