Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can hunt on land or in the water on any beach in Fla.Salvage right on wreck in Fl. have changed.You can't hunt water in State or Fed. Pk.,but you can hunt the beaches.So have fun and welcome to my State Florida and home Ron Lord HH

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You cant (CANNOT) hunt in the water from Satelite Beach, to down South past Ft Pierce to the St Lucie Inlet at Stuart. Also North and South of Jupiter Inlet 1 mile. They are all a bunch of treasure leases and Admiralty areas. You will get arrested. They havent changed any laws about detecting in leases or admiralty areas. They fly airplanes and helicopters along that area several times a day. The county sheriffs will arrest you. Post this in the shipwreck area if you dont believe me. Or call the Brevard or Indian River County Sheriffs dept. about water detecting in lease areas.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The rest of the state is fine, except for National parks, some state parks, and any historic preserve. The beach is fine in most places. Water most except as I noted.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stevemc said:
You cant (CANNOT) hunt in the water from Satelite Beach, to down South past Ft Pierce to the St Lucie Inlet at Stuart. Also North and South of Jupiter Inlet 1 mile. They are all a bunch of treasure leases and Admiralty areas. You will get arrested. They havent changed any laws about detecting in leases or admiralty areas. They fly airplanes and helicopters along that area several times a day. The county sheriffs will arrest you. Post this in the shipwreck area if you dont believe me. Or call the Brevard or Indian River County Sheriffs dept. about water detecting in lease areas.
Right on Steve, I figured Ron Lord would have known that.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious..... what the heck do you think is the reason you cant hunt in the water at a state park?

Dew

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All leases in Fl. have been changed . Leases can not run along the beaches any more . All leases start 1500 yard off shore . The state change the lease laws on salvage rights a few years ago. I will look for the law . Yhe last time it took me 3 days to find.`

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive always wondered how you are supposed to know you cant detect in the water at those places. Ive never seen a sign at those beach access saying no detecting in water. Ive never heard of anyone being arrested or even ticketed for it.

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck, over half of the 1715 fleet wreck sites lay within 1500 yards of shore. If this is true, lets go, I've got a boat! But for some reason I feel it is just Ron tryin to get newbies arrested :icon_pirat:

Aaron

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try this Fl Statutes 253.61,this should help alot of you out.

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ron lord said:

OK here it is. Let's figure this out cause I'm ready to hunt there NOW.....

253.61 Lands not subject to lease.—
(1) Regardless of anything to the contrary contained in this law in any previous section or part thereof, no board or agency mentioned therein or the state shall have the power or authority to sell, execute, or enter into any lease of the type covered by this law relating to any of the following lands, submerged or unsubmerged, except under the circumstances and conditions as hereinafter set out in this section, to wit:
(a) No lease of the type covered by this law shall be granted, sold or executed covering such lands within the corporate limits of any municipality unless the governing authority of the municipality shall have first duly consented to the granting or sale of such lease by resolution.
(b) No lease of the type covered by this law shall be granted, sold or executed covering any such lands in the tidal waters of the state, abutting on or immediately adjacent to the corporate limits of a municipality or within 3 miles of such corporate limits extending from the line of mean high tide into such waters, unless the governing authority of the municipality shall have first duly consented to the granting or sale of such lease by resolution.
(c) No lease of the type covered by this law shall be granted, sold or executed covering such lands on any improved beach, located outside of an incorporated town or municipality, or covering such lands in the tidal waters of the state abutting on or immediately adjacent to any improved beach, or within 3 miles of an improved beach extending from the line of mean high tide into such tidal waters, unless the county commissioners of the county in which such beach is located shall have first duly consented to the granting or sale of such lease by resolution.
(d) Without exception, after July 1, 1989, no lease of the type covered by this law shall be granted, sold, or executed south of 26° north latitude off Florida’s west coast and south of 27° north latitude off Florida’s east coast, within the boundaries of Florida’s territorial seas as defined in 43 U.S.C. 1301. After July 31, 1990, no oil or natural gas lease shall be granted, sold, or executed covering lands located north of 26°00′00″ north latitude off Florida’s west coast to the western boundary of the state bordering Alabama as set forth in s. 1, Art. II of the State Constitution, or located north of 27°00′00″ north latitude off Florida’s east coast to the northern boundary of the state bordering Georgia as set forth in s. 1, Art. II of the State Constitution, within the boundaries of Florida’s territorial seas as defined in 43 U.S.C. 1301.
(2) For the purposes of this section and law an improved beach, situated outside of the corporate limits of any municipality or town, shall be and is hereby defined to be any beach adjacent to or abutting upon the tidal waters of the state and having not less than ten hotels, apartment buildings, residences or other structures, used for residential purposes, on or to any given miles of such beach.

Can anyone translate this into English?? :icon_scratch:

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hobe Sound is about 27 degree .

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
biggmike said:
ron lord said:

OK here it is. Let's figure this out cause I'm ready to hunt there NOW.....

253.61 Lands not subject to lease.—
(1) Regardless of anything to the contrary contained in this law in any previous section or part thereof, no board or agency mentioned therein or the state shall have the power or authority to sell, execute, or enter into any lease of the type covered by this law relating to any of the following lands, submerged or unsubmerged, except under the circumstances and conditions as hereinafter set out in this section, to wit:
(a) No lease of the type covered by this law shall be granted, sold or executed covering such lands within the corporate limits of any municipality unless the governing authority of the municipality shall have first duly consented to the granting or sale of such lease by resolution.
(b) No lease of the type covered by this law shall be granted, sold or executed covering any such lands in the tidal waters of the state, abutting on or immediately adjacent to the corporate limits of a municipality or within 3 miles of such corporate limits extending from the line of mean high tide into such waters, unless the governing authority of the municipality shall have first duly consented to the granting or sale of such lease by resolution.
(c) No lease of the type covered by this law shall be granted, sold or executed covering such lands on any improved beach, located outside of an incorporated town or municipality, or covering such lands in the tidal waters of the state abutting on or immediately adjacent to any improved beach, or within 3 miles of an improved beach extending from the line of mean high tide into such tidal waters, unless the county commissioners of the county in which such beach is located shall have first duly consented to the granting or sale of such lease by resolution.
(d) Without exception, after July 1, 1989, no lease of the type covered by this law shall be granted, sold, or executed south of 26° north latitude off Florida’s west coast and south of 27° north latitude off Florida’s east coast, within the boundaries of Florida’s territorial seas as defined in 43 U.S.C. 1301. After July 31, 1990, no oil or natural gas lease shall be granted, sold, or executed covering lands located north of 26°00′00″ north latitude off Florida’s west coast to the western boundary of the state bordering Alabama as set forth in s. 1, Art. II of the State Constitution, or located north of 27°00′00″ north latitude off Florida’s east coast to the northern boundary of the state bordering Georgia as set forth in s. 1, Art. II of the State Constitution, within the boundaries of Florida’s territorial seas as defined in 43 U.S.C. 1301.
(2) For the purposes of this section and law an improved beach, situated outside of the corporate limits of any municipality or town, shall be and is hereby defined to be any beach adjacent to or abutting upon the tidal waters of the state and having not less than ten hotels, apartment buildings, residences or other structures, used for residential purposes, on or to any given miles of such beach.

Can anyone translate this into English?? :icon_scratch:
I only got half way through reading this and had to stop because my brain was hurting. :tongue3:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ron lord said:
All leases in Fl. have been changed . Leases can not run along the beaches any more . All leases start 1500 yard off shore . The state change the lease laws on salvage rights a few years ago. I will look for the law . Yhe last time it took me 3 days to find.`
I'd love to see that but I don't think it exists.
ron lord said:
This doesn't mean squat as it pertains to metal detecting on leased areas as evidenced by the noted words highlighted. Paragraph 1 the end of the sentence-
except under the circumstances and conditions as hereinafter set out in this section, to wit:
Also subsections B and C-

unless the governing authority of the municipality shall have first duly consented to the granting or sale of such lease by resolution.

It's common knowledge, these wreck sites are protected by admiralty claims and leases have been in place for years. U.S. Supreme Court ruled over this.

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If there is a statue changing water hunting, the Beach Patrol doesn't know about it. I just spent 3 weeks on the treasure coast and was told by a beach patrol officer, NO WATER HUNTING, dry sand only. I was told the same thing by the rangers at the Sebastian Inlet State Park, no water hunting all the way down to Vero Beach. If there has been a law change, those that enforce it aren't aware of it yet.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The U S supreme Court ruling of 1985 state that who every is looken for a wreck is entitle to a % of a wreck reguardless who find it.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
To the original Poster, yes, you can detect at Daytona sand or water, and everywhere else, except the places noted above. No laws have changed.

OP
OP
masterofdisaster

masterofdisaster

Jan 24, 2012
Ionia,michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks again for the info, from everyone....it will nice to get out in a pair of shorts...and detecting the surf..by the time i get home to michigan, we should have ice out and be able to detect around lake michigan....guess its time to buy some waterproof diving boots..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread