Florida Finally!

Haoleman

Aug 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
As some of you remember, I got a Minelab Ex 1000 a few months back in COLD Minnesota. We finally coaxed the motor home down to Flagler Beach to chill and recover from a busy B&B season. We're parked right on the water at a whopping $475.00 per week. (Could have stayed in a hotel for that price!) but the view is the best around. I took the detector out and knowing that there probably wasn't much here, I was going to use my time to learn the detector. So far I have found a cupfull of clad and what appears to be one 25 diamond earing! I won't know until I get it looked at. I'm not counting on anything though. I am having a blast as it's like fishing. You sit in your box doing your thing and once in awhile the box gets kicked out fron under you and the buzzing starts. You dig to China and find something. Even a penny is fine; of course gold is much finer! Unfortunately, today we have to leave as I didn't find enough change to afford this place any longer. We are heading inland for awhile to visit more relatives. I'm going to try to get out to the treasure coast to try some sites there and then will work our way up the Gulf coast from Crystal River to Pensacola. Any suggested TH sites along the way would be greatly appreciated. I will continue to post my finds.

Terry

Upvote 0

poppa19

Jul 22, 2007
western new york
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
I have a sister that lives in crystal river, try fort Island beach, don't remember the road name but its about 7 miles from what i believe is rts. 19 / 41 the is a really big high class golf club on the corner, the beach is relatively small but has a lot of the younger crowd in the warmer months try there, let me know how you make out
poppa19

poppa19

Jul 22, 2007
western new york
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
hi again, another place to maybe try is the old sugar mill in Homassasa fl. i read a post on treasure net about it I think from gypsy?? may be wrong, but ive been there, as my parents lived in homassasa for 10 years, the sugar mill is actually in Old Homassasa.
poppa19

Rd2nowr

Jan 2, 2008
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, IDX Pro, Sunray XL-1 Probe
Try Blue Mountain, in Freeport. It's a public beach. Tim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions