Florida frame #10

H.P.

Aug 15, 2020
Safety Harbor Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
This frame is mostly Bolens...bottom center is a Kirk.
C6637094-EA0B-4CFB-B8FB-2EF4A5756BDE.jpeg 575D4DD9-2EAD-4C87-8F81-371600373DC3.jpeg 2C68688E-7885-4F8D-9A1B-0E1341AEB1AB.jpeg

Upvote 0

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're killing me! Nice.

Hey, that's my line!

Normally, I don't care for points displayed on red mainly because, by contrast, it just sucks any red or pink right out of the points laying on it, but that is a very nice red, warm and earthy looking. Classy!

OP
OP
H.P.

H.P.

Aug 15, 2020
Safety Harbor Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey, that's my line!

Normally, I don't care for points displayed on red mainly because, by contrast, it just sucks any red or pink right out of the points laying on it, but that is a very nice red, warm and earthy looking. Classy!
I was a billboard artist for 60 years, a point that’s a warm color needs a cool color background ( opposite colors compliment ) red was the only color I had at the time, don’t know why I never changed my red ones, since most Florida points are warm I like shades of blue, some frames I took more pains with,..Frames with wide borders make points look smaller and detract also, I knew how to do it I just didn’t, Lol...thanks for the chat Sandchip, P.S. I don’t care for green either but I have some, green looks sour, crazy huh..Lol.maybe some day I’ll make each one a work of art

Last edited:

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent group of points. Some of those have crazy "sharp" tips.

Straight from the ancestral NA factory, so to speak.
Amazing they were able to survive intact. I can't imagine those were ever used before being lost.

Last edited:

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a billboard artist for 60 years, a point that’s a warm color needs a cool color background ( opposite colors compliment ) red was the only color I had at the time, don’t know why I never changed my red ones, since most Florida points are warm I like shades of blue, some frames I took more pains with,..Frames with wide borders make points look smaller and detract also, I knew how to do it I just didn’t, Lol...thanks for the chat Sandchip, P.S. I don’t care for green either but I have some, green looks sour, crazy huh..Lol.maybe some day I’ll make each one a work of art

So cool to hear! I've been making signs for 40 years now, smaller stuff and usually closer to the ground. Haven't wet a brush in years, but wouldn't trade what I learned during that time for anything in regards to layout and lettering. The computerized signmaking is both a blessing and a curse. So many users mistakenly think that the technology automatically makes you a sign artist and it shows in their work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread