FLORIDA KEYS TIPS NEEDED

J

JOHNNY DELUXE

Hey there all!!!!

Me and the Wife and daughter are headed south.......

To the Keys for a week...lots of fishin,sunnin,drinkin...did I say that?....and of course huntin'..with my new Quattro..will be the 1st time out with this machine...."dont fail me now".....any tips on good hunting places would be great..I have heard big things of "Treasure Beach" in lower Matacumbe Key......any help would be TOPS!!!!

JD ;D

Upvote 0

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Welcome to the forum Johnny. I live in So. Fl. but I'm not to familiar hunting in the keys. I also have a Quattro, and love it. Excellent machine for the wet sand!! Be ready to really dig deep! Hope you have a good scoop!!

I'm heading to the Outer Banks Saturday, hope to find some stuff on the beach there!

Good Luck in the Keys and make sure you share your finds with us!

HH 8) surfrat

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JD, I am sure that you will love Key West. The only problem is that you will not find a lot of beach down that way, and through out the keys. Since your machine will do in the water be sure to search the shallows adjacent to some of the numerous wrecks up and down the keys. They are easy to spot, as there are usually a few dive boats working the sites this time of year.
Also be sure to take the wife and daughter to the Rooftop Caf? on Front Street, just around the corner from the Mel Fisher Museum. Best Key lime pie in town.

Happy hunting!

Q

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread