Florida Laws

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I am a new member living in South Florida. I have just ordered my new MD and am excited to get out there and hunt. I live close to the beach and plan to do most of my hunting there. I purchased a waterproof md for wet sand and shallow water use. I have already searched the forums here and the internet but i cannot find a definitive answer as to the law on detecting in the shallow beach waters. If i understand correctly, you cannot be in the water near known wrecks as the salvage companies have claims to the sites and surrounding waters including up to the shore line. Well what about at south Florida beaches where there are no wrecks off shore? If anyone can enlighten me i would really appreciate the heads up. I have read up on etiquette issues and other things newbies should know, i just want to be clear on the laws at public beaches. Thanks in advance for the help.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of posts on those beaches did you do a search...?

You can hunt Miami area beaches with no problems other than being safe...

Once you get south of treasure coast beaches it is pretty much open hunting. All way to Miami. I think city of Rivera outlawed it on beach but it's not an area I want to hunt so never paid much attention to it....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trent67

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I stated in my OP that I searched the forums, but like I said, I am not clear about the legalities of going in the water right off the beach. Thanks for your reply. I will keep doing some research.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I may not have been clear, I was asking if you used the site search feature or just visually searched forums?

If you reread my post, I answered your questions...

Welcome to TN too....

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trent67

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks TH. I did use the search feature but after reading your reply I went back and searched again. I just want to be absolutely clear, besides state parks, it is legal to wade in the ocean in Broward and Dade county? I understand the whole Treasure Coast deal with the wrecks up there but I just dont want to be arrested for being in the water. Thanks again for helping me out. I love this site, It is good to be here. I have been wanting to MD for a long time and i have finally pulled the trigger. I am excited. ����

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks TH. I did use the search feature but after reading your reply I went back and searched again. I just want to be absolutely clear, besides state parks, it is legal to wade in the ocean in Broward and Dade county? I understand the whole Treasure Coast deal with the wrecks up there but I just dont want to be arrested for being in the water. Thanks again for helping me out. I love this site, It is good to be here. I have been wanting to MD for a long time and i have finally pulled the trigger. I am excited. 😁👍

Yes it us legal to wade there I and many others have done so many tines...

OP
OP
Trent67

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didnt do a very good job using the search feature initially. I found a lot of posts regarding the Florida Laws after I posted. Im a knucklehead. I will smack my self in the face for ya. Thanks for being patient with me, lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions