Florida Rock Carving, Indian or Clue??

ghost_rider

Apr 20, 2008
I am new to the forum but know of a carved rock close to where I live in central Florida. We had a lot of Indians in this area but also had the Spaniards, Confederates, French and English so take your pick!!

I am trying to find out if this carved rock is made by Indians or if it is a pointing to a treasure??

Either way its a great rock carving!!!

Thanks in advance,

ghost_rider

Attachments

• face rock.jpg
    face rock.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 466
OP
OP
G

ghost_rider

Apr 20, 2008
forgot to mention that I am new to T-net :thumbsup:

I will hopefully be posting some tree carvings as well but have to go and take the pics first!!! :o

Any help with this first pic would be greatly appreciated, may be from the Indian.

Thanks in advance,

ghost_rider

OP
OP
G

ghost_rider

Apr 20, 2008
Someone has said that they think it to be a Indian prayer alter. This is carved on the edge of a large rock that steps up to two tiers so to speak, this is on the lower front edge. I haven't been able to find any other carvings except for this one.

Lots of this stuff has been destroyed around here. I personally don't even think this piece is in its original location, I think it was brought in from nearby just to display.

So sad!!!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Welcome to tnet!! So glad you joined us here and I am sure you will have lots of fun as well as find folks very friendly and informative. We have several people that are especially good with signs and such that will surely help you figure this out. Shame they moved it though!

OP
OP
G

ghost_rider

Apr 20, 2008
I have tracked down someone local who seems to know where the rock came from, so I am trying to get that figured out so that I can go and check the area where it originated from.

I certainly think it is Indian as there hasn't been much reply about it. Perhaps the original location will tell more!!!

I am hoping to get up into North Florida as I know where there is a tree carving that has been said to be from the Civil War. This is a carving that has been buried in history and research but is well documented if you know where to look, just wonder if others have already checked the area. The govt' own a big chunck of land near to it, big surprise!!!

Thanks for the kind welcome and I certainly hope to post photos of the tree carving in the future.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread