florida vacation

jonhls

Nov 10, 2006
Hello all
Ill be in st pete the 8th and 9th of june...I would like to do some water detecting.Would appreciate any ideas anyone might have for beaches to hunt or to stay away from.Also if anyone is in the area and interested in meeting for a hunt either day that would be great.This will be my first water hunt but have been land hunting for years....thanx and hh ....jon

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
St Pete Beach is a good beach to hunt, almost any of the beaches between St Pete and Clearwater would be good beaches to hunt and they are close. There are good beaches south of St Pete, but if I only had 2 days to hunt and gas at $4 a gallon I would hunt right where I was staying.

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clearwater Beach: Dry Sand - good, Water - very good
Indian Rocks Beach: Dry Sand - very good, Water - very good
Manatee Beach: Dry Sand - very good, Water - very good

I will be in the area the same time. I am staying at Winter Haven, but will probably not have time to detect. I am heading to Ft. Myers for 2 weeks to detect.

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
snooksion said:
i will come up for a day and show you how its done

Hello Dave. Now you better be home when I get to Ft. Myers. See you soon.

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
St. Pete beach has always given me tons of can-slaw. Try up by the Don Cesar or Tradewinds Resort.

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Treasure Island Beach is a hugh area for dry sand hunting and wet sand and I believe the parking is still FREE but it might have changed as I haven't been there is a while. Clearwater charges I believe $10.00 for parking which is a little steep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread