Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It depends on how old you are : 60 or older at least 5 to 6 mil. under 50year old 3 mil will work.It also depends on how long you are going to be in the water. Over 60 not longer than 4 to 5 hours. The water here gets down to about 50/55* Degresin Jan. Feb. I use a Pool thermoter to watch the temp. with.If you lose to much warmth in your body hypothermia will set in and you could die.So ,have fun,be safe and keep warm.HH Ron Lord

D

digum smacks

7 mill "full wetsuit".it can get hot and it can get real cold.ive learned if your finding gold it will nullify any cold, shoot you you could go butt naked and if your finding alot of gold you feel no pain :tongue3:

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
snooksion2 said:
7 mill "full wetsuit".it can get hot and it can get real cold.ive learned if your finding gold it will nullify any cold, shoot you you could go butt naked and if your finding alot of gold you feel no pain :tongue3:
So true, When I'm on a hot streak, Tunnel vision hits me big time. No sounds, no cold or hot, Nothing but the contents of my scoop.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are "Skinny" wear a thich wet suit , the water will chill the bones quick. If you are pleasantly plump like me a 3 or 5 mil suit is sufficient depending on water temp.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 62, I have a 3 mil farmer john for winter, it give me 6 mill over the body core and I have no trouble hunting the Atlantic in the winter. I have 2 other wetsuits for the warmer spring, and fall months...

miller433

Jun 29, 2010
N.E. Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excaliber 800, Soveriegn GT, Garrett 1500, Garrett Ace
Scoop.... you probably need to be looking at sub zero suits. Hopefully they have a kids section!!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
miller433 said:
Scoop.... you probably need to be looking at sub zero suits. Hopefully they have a kids section!!

I was wondering when you were going to take your shot! :laughing7: :laughing7: Just remember,....."I" knew it was a nude beach, and you can be expecting more of the same in the future! :laughing7: :laughing7:

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
I usually go with a 5 mil farmer john but this past winter found me in a 7mil FJ on several occasions. It was a cold winter here in SWF Even the sno-birds stayed out of the water

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
I don't wear one!!!! I was in the water an average of 6+ hours for the last 3 days, up to my neck. I'm 6"1' and the ocean was great. Didn't find many keepers 2 gold rings and 4 pairs of sunglasses, and half a crab trap, boy that was fun getting it out of the water. It included a long walk to throw it into a trash receptacle, but I didn't want any one swimming and playing to getting hurt on it. So it took me about 15 minutes to dig it completely out of the sand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread