Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://thepeacetree.blogspot.com/

This winter has been particularly brutal in many northern states. Over the Christmas holidays, many areas suffered severe snowstorms. In Salt Lake City, Utah, the storms left many travelers stranded in a bus station for several days. One man, listening to the news stories about these stranded travelers, decided to do something about it.
In these times of news reports telling of Hate Crimes against Latinos and ANTI Latino rhetoric being spouted (e.g. Anchor Babies, Mexifornia, 3rd World Country, etc), here is one man, Floyd Mann, who decided to make a difference. He opened up his home to 11 Latino strangers in need!

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have spoke with Floyed Mann, several time over the years. He has always been free
with advice, and share research information. He has went as far as sending books, and maps.
That he had on subjects we were talking about

So, to read that Floyd Mann has helped all these people out in their time of need, is no supprise.
His success will reflect from the help he give to others.

Clayton

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Floyd Mann has been highly respected for many years.I do not know him personally,but have read his articles and have seen the help he has offered and given many times.I whole heartedly agree with bestowing 'Honorable Mention' on him.Floyd Mann :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

FLOYD MANN

Apr 16, 2003
SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH
GEE---Thanks to everyone for the kind words. A friend sent me this post this morning & I debated as to whether to reply or not, but since this article has hit various Newspapers ( including USA TODAY )---I guess I can't expect it to be a secret any more. ANYWAY: all I can say is that it was a VERY interesting "social experiment", that I will never forget. The MAIN thing that any reader should get from this article is: Do SOMETHING good for someone less fortunate than yourself---ANYTHING ! It will "snowball"---just like the movie PAY IT FORWARD.

The most direct link to the FIRST article is: http://www.sltrib.com/ci_11358090

I wish ALL of you GREAT success in YOUR future projects !

FLOYD MANN

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
Thank you Mr. Floyd Mann.
What a wonderfull thing you did for those stranded folks!
Karma will repay you big time.

Mike

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's someone with a heart of gold. What a wonderful heartwarming story. Thanks Floyd, you're the man :thumbsup:

:wink: RR

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most outstanding! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The-Hangman

May 11, 2005
Hangtown, California
Floyd has been a personal friend of mine for years. We have worked on projects together, even did some traveling across country together. Knowing of his and Tara's sincerity and generosity I am not entirely surprised by this most recent action. There is more to this story however that has occurred since Floyd said his final goodbyes to his guests that has not been told. You'll be able to read more on this story in Treasure News, in the May 2009 issue of Lost Treasure magazine!!! :thumbsup:

Great job Floyd :occasion14:

The Hangman

Attachments

• The Noose (83 x 169).jpg
    The Noose (83 x 169).jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 295
  • The Noose (83 x 169).jpg
    The Noose (83 x 169).jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 290
T

trish76642

FLOYD MANN said:
GEE---Thanks to everyone for the kind words. A friend sent me this post this morning & I debated as to whether to reply or not, but since this article has hit various Newspapers ( including USA TODAY )---I guess I can't expect it to be a secret any more. ANYWAY: all I can say is that it was a VERY interesting "social experiment", that I will never forget. The MAIN thing that any reader should get from this article is: Do SOMETHING good for someone less fortunate than yourself---ANYTHING ! It will "snowball"---just like the movie PAY IT FORWARD.

The most direct link to the FIRST article is: http://www.sltrib.com/ci_11358090

I wish ALL of you GREAT success in YOUR future projects !

FLOYD MANN

:notworthy: You are the "Mann" Mr. Floyd...I admire you for that. :wink:

You've added another jewel to your crown.

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector
Floyd, You are a beautiful human being. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread