FLY OVER Ghost Town, SWAMPS of Louisiana

FISH BONE

Mar 25, 2016
LOUISIANA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Recently i took a flight over an area i want to metal detect that is said to be over run by swamp. Well thanks to air travel i did some recon and believe it can be hunted. Made some topo maps of the area, more research and may have the ghost town pin pointed to a couple areas. the only problem is going to be about a 2 mile hike into gator and snake country. If rain keeps away for a couple weeks i'm going to make my first hike into the area.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey FISH BONE!! Where are you located in LA?? GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
If I was still in Texas, I'd be happy to drive over and hang for the day!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck! Bring some skeeter spray!

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Suggestions----------------------------------Don't go alone------------------Take big pistol----------------Take small blow up rubber raft-----------------------------------First aid kit----------------Plenty of extra batteries-----------just be prepared for anything.
Marvin
PS, I would much rather see more post from you than to see a picture of a Satiated Alligator.:laughing7:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Gators aren't that bad - just gotta keep your eyes open. I'd rather deal with gators than the venomous snakes.

OP
OP
FISH BONE

FISH BONE

Mar 25, 2016
LOUISIANA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not going in alone for sure, as well been in the swamps all my life hunting, fishing & trapping. and the only thing that gets to me is the spiders!!! LoL I can deal with the other. Don't mined at all if a couple hunters want to join us. I really want to locate some history on this hunt not just profit from it. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. and will keep this post updated as we go forward. Thanks again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread