Flying eagle penny,1871 semi key indian cent,1800s bottles weekend finds

junkhunter

Oct 4, 2010
Flying eagle penny,1871 semi key indian cent,1800's bottles weekend finds

The flying eagle cent is destroyed.You can only see profile of eagle with water at a angle.But its my 5th one ever so ugly or not i am happy with it.All 3 were black disks when i found them.Soil is heck on copper.The indian cents are 1864 and 1871 which is a semi key.Most of the wheat cents and clad came from my last hunt at place i spent last 3 Saturdays pounding.Not wasting any more time their.Guess large cent was a fluke.The indians,a few wheat's,and the eagle were from spot i pound of and one.Never much but usually old.

Now today i went to see GODZILLA.I actually liked the movie.Still a bit to American stiled for me.But not botched as bad as the iguana last time.Anyway on way home i finnalely cought my budy at his house so i could look for property stakes.No luck.But did find a 1800's farm of some sort.Foundations were bulldozed years ago.No good medal targets yet accept musket balls and a ax head.But got near a dump i think where tree fell over.BINGO! broken glass all over in hole.Started poking around and found these bottles.Seam stops half way up neck of clear one.And green one seam stops at bottom rim.And it has rayed lines out from seam.That bugger has some age.Not bad as i expected to find squat around a house built in the 70's

Attachments

• flyingeglefront.jpg
    flyingeglefront.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 104
  • flyingeagleback.jpg
    flyingeagleback.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 106
  • div24 058.jpg
    div24 058.jpg
    631.2 KB · Views: 101
  • div24 059.jpg
    div24 059.jpg
    519 KB · Views: 89
  • div24 060.jpg
    div24 060.jpg
    612.7 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Upvote 4

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your bottles date to turn of last century . They are very common medicinal bottles .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread