Foam Grip Starting To Come Apart (Explorer ll)

Degries

Greenie
Mar 17, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll & X-Terra 70, White's XLT, Tesoro Tiger Shark
My foam grip on my Explorer ll is starting to tear and it won't be long before it comes apart. Anyone have this happen. How did you repair it or fix it. Anybody know if Minelab sells a replacement. If so is this something that can be repaired at home.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They sell a liquid at the hardware stores, specifically made to make rubber type handles. You dip the end in, and it makes a rubber handle.

Works great - at least for my hammers, and a couple of other things (like putting a rubber end back on a fishing pole).

http://www.plastidip.com/

There are other brands too - some will do the foam rubber type, some do the plastic foam type. (Wal~Mart also sells a type of it - in both their sporting goods departments and hardware departments).

Beth

Ratman

Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simple easy fix is go to your local sporting goods store and buy yourself some golf club or tennis racket grip tape . Comes in many colors and styles like rubber , leather , etc . I have two hunting buddies that both did this to their Explorers when the old handle grips tore apart . Not only does it look good but also feels very comfortable in hand .

HH
Mike

OP
OP
Degries

Degries

Greenie
Mar 17, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll & X-Terra 70, White's XLT, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Thanks, some go tips.