Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In spite of the weather, I’ve managed to get out three times this week, and focused on three parks with baseball diamonds, bleachers and concession stands...money magnets!

None of them produced anything extraordinary, but collectively I was able to recover enough clad for a few senior coffees from the Speedway station!:hello2:

Thurdsay's finds

F30373E2-845B-420E-B930-F771E8548CEF.jpeg

Friday’s finds

DD6502C9-FAAA-47FC-91F0-FCFA9422B30F.jpeg

Today’s finds with 30-50 mph winds that forced me to stop detecting after less than three hours. Just couldn’t take the gusts any longer.

EE978926-3170-4F03-8521-659D89A7AA6F.jpeg

All of the parks I hunt are loaded with trash. On Friday I ordered the 6” coil for the Equinox to see if I can get some deeper targets than the AT Max with the 5x8 coil. Should be here midweek.

Upvote 17

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe,

We have the same strategy, I've got a little stretch of grass at a softball diamond here that I hunt about every few weeks during the summer and almost always find a dollars or two. I've been at it for the last 3 years and it is still not hunted out!
The Nox 6" coil is really small even compared to my whites 5.3 eclipse coil. (It takes a long time to cover ground with that coil)
I just gave it a trial run last week and it was finding coins I'm sure I missed in the really trashy spots of the park. I went out after lunch yesterday and just couldn't deal with the wind!

Last edited:

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great results at your sports parks. The clad adds up quickly. It definitely can fund your hobby. I’ve also found more silver rings on soccer field sidelines (player side) and behind goal area than anywhere else. Both of these areas seem to be where the girls drop there bags and put on their gear. Congrats

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Great saves !!
20-plus years ago I did a similar search of ball park and race track areas that existed 100 years ago in Nevada.
I don't remember my finds, but I do remember the 'great adventure' of heading out and trying to find my fortune.
Don....

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul, did pretty much the same thing on school sport complex that was a farmers field going back at least until the 30's, they built the school on the land in 2005 but all the surrounding fields were converted to soccer and baseball fields. I have pulled a few Mercs and Wheaties amongst the clad and a few rings and such.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
you guys are making me want to order a 6 inch coil for my 600.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got that right and drive in movie theaters old camp sites outdoor band venues sledding hills ect Well done

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions