focus problems (help)

C

chibear

I dont have a macro feature on my digital camera and i would like to get closer photos. Someone i read in TN said they used a magnifing glass in front of the camera lens to do this. I tried it, and it's like my camera ignored it because it didnt make any difference in the photo. Can someone help; has someone used a magnifing glass and it acually worked? thanks

chibear

P.S. Sam says hi everyone and HH (Sam's my silver detecting dog) lol

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done it.
It takes alot of Light from the Right Angle.
And alot of Practice Pics.

Keep the Magnifying Glass against the Camera Lense.

I'v never Perfected it, But have gotten a Few Perfect Pics.
But only a Few.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Sometimes a jeweler's loupe helps as well. Try using the magnifying glass on the viewfinder if you don't have a viewer on the back of the camera. A steady tripod also helps keep things in focus as well.

OP
OP
C

chibear

Thank you both. I'll keep trying. HH

chibear

SomeGuy

Jun 26, 2005
For web posting, you don't really need a macro setting if you have a lot of mega-pixels. Most cameras nowadays are at least six megapixels , which is way more than you need for the web. Just get as close as you can clearly focus, take the photo, and use a photo editer (Paint, Irfranview, Gimp, etc) to crop out all the excess. The resulting, closely cropped image will still appear quite large on the website; 640x 480 pixels (0.3 megapixels) is a good "target size" to have left after cropping.

mercenary

Oct 4, 2006
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200
Your camera probably ignored it and focused on the item instead of the magnifying glass, that would make it come out all blurry. If there is a manual focus feature on your camera, use that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread