bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Hopefully this thread doesn't run afoul of any rules....certainly not my intent.....

I've noticed over the years every time I turn around.....another rule, restriction seems to pop up all over the place.....a couple of examples over the last decade or so...

1:-We used to be able to have a garage sale pretty much anytime we wanted.....then we had to pay for a permit.....and recently they changed the rules.....only 2 designated weekend per year....and removed the permitting.

2:-During the winter cold period.....there's a cap of warming up your car of either 3 or 5 minutes otherwise you could be subject to a ticket.....completely foolish as it's almost impossible to enforce.

Lots of other examples but those 2 will suffice for now.

I'm sure you folks can come up with other inane examples where you live.

Regards + HH

Bill

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow you guys sure have no freedom. I bet it's Obama's fault somehow

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Folks,

Hopefully this thread doesn't run afoul of any rules....certainly not my intent.....

I've noticed over the years every time I turn around.....another rule, restriction seems to pop up all over the place.....a couple of examples over the last decade or so...

1:-We used to be able to have a garage sale pretty much anytime we wanted.....then we had to pay for a permit.....and recently they changed the rules.....only 2 designated weekend per year....and removed the permitting.

2:-During the winter cold period.....there's a cap of warming up your car of either 3 or 5 minutes otherwise you could be subject to a ticket.....completely foolish as it's almost impossible to enforce.

Regards + HH

Bill

What happens if you warm up your car for ten minutes and have a garage sale on an off weekend at the same time?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if you have enough police to enforce such laws, it's time to cut the number of lawmakers or police or both

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

That must be a trick question.....probably send me to a camp somewhere or other.....lol.

What happens if you warm up your car for ten minutes and have a garage sale on an off weekend at the same time?

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks, Are we over regulated.......
Probably, but I got no time to talk of it now........
I got to make sure my grass is not too high, it's the only day of 2 a week I can wash my car, I forgot to take down the garage sale signs, and OMG, I left the trash bin by the curb overnight............
gotta go before I get ticketeds. :laughing7:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably, but I got no time to talk of it now........
I got to make sure my grass is not too high, it's the only day of 2 a week I can wash my car, I forgot to take down the garage sale signs, and OMG, I left the trash bin by the curb overnight............
gotta go before I get ticketeds. :laughing7:

now, now there is a difference between gov rules and home owners associations- you joined that one

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill,

If you are over regulated...perhaps some fiber can help clear that up.

Crispin

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

It must be Friday night......I see you're in fine form.....lol...

A few Guinness should do the trick for both of us.

Bill,

If you are over regulated...perhaps some fiber can help clear that up.

Crispin

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now, now there is a difference between gov rules and home owners associations- you joined that one
BWACK! Wrong Mr. Gordon. State, county, and city rules.
If I wanted someone to tell me more how and when to live, I would just commit a crime and go to prison.

HOA's peleeease....... :rolleyes:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
please pat- you can just call me jeff. especially if you're gonna bwack me ( hoping that means something good)

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As in "theme to Jeapordy", you got the wrong answer there Jeff. :laughing7:

My parents have owned a nice home on a 280 acre lake for over 20 years. Just in the last 5 years, a group of "well-doers", has formed an HOA, and is trying to bully everyone in to joining. I, nor my parents, need to shell out money to folks, to tell us how to live. The governments gotta corner on THAT market, already!

Florida has water restriction rules, as well as maintaining your property, gotta take down garage sale signs, cause some of the stop signs are unrecognizable from the yard sale signs, and, we did get a notice of the hours and times we are "allowed" to have our trash bins by the curbs. I've yet to see that one enforced, but I gotta run now...... and go call for my "right to flush" permit. :laughing7:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Folks,

Regards + HH

Bill

When OTHER ppl complain about the above mentioned stuff, rules/regulations by town/city council will impact EVERYONE, not just you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread