bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

For those of you who are animal lovers I'm sure you can relate.....we have 3 cats.

The oldest is Cleo who's 17 1/2 years old and she was taking meds for thyroid problems...this morning my wife called me around 7am saying there was something wrong with her.

She was having a seizure and thrashing about.....she was to weak to get up and my wife moved her to the sofa and petted her to calm her down.....in any event she had a few more seizures during the morning.....and we had to make the hard choice of taking her to the vet to have her put to sleep.

The vet confirmed she had a stroke and her hind legs were paralysed which is a very painful condition.

Making that call is probably about the most painful decision for animal lovers.....just couldn't stand to have her suffer anymore....she's gone to a better place.

Regards

Bill

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill I am so sorry, tell your wife that too. It is a kindness, and with love, that you did not tarry in what needed to be done.
Try not to let your hearts be too heavy. It is with that love, fondness, and laughter, that Cleo will always be remembered, I'm sure.
Sees you laters Cleos, mew mew mew :cat:
oh, and say "heys" to Sally for mez, thanks!

Last edited:

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill,

I will pour a shot of MacCallan's in Cleo's honor tonight. I don't normally touch the hard stuff, but I always drink to honor the death of a loved one. I know that you do not need me to tell you this; however, you did the right thing. Animals do not understand pain, if it is seizures and stroke then death will follow shortly; you saved her pain and sent her warmly into the afterlife. She will be waiting for you there. My best to your wife.

Sincerely,
Crispin

Ps. Be right back with a pic.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
md 006.JPG

DJ: I request "yesterday" by the Beatles.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear that Bill. Just went through that with a dog. I,m tougher than Crispin when he debates but don,t take pics when a pets going some where with out me even though its humane not to draw things out. Hang in there,remember the good times.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm so sorry to hear about your dear Cleo.big hugs to you and your wife.

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cat,

You have a heart of gold and thank you for your kind thoughts.....I hope you can get all those cats in your head to agree with each other.

Regards + HH

Bill

Bill I am so sorry, tell your wife that too. It is a kindness, and with love, that you did not tarry in what needed to be done.
Try not to let your hearts be too heavy. It is with that love, fondness, and laughter, that Cleo will always be remembered, I'm sure.
Sees you laters Cleos, mew mew mew :cat:
oh, and say "heys" to Sally for mez, thanks!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your loss, that is losing a close member of your family for sure. My baby, all 17+ pounds of him wasn't feeling right 2 days ago and had me so nervous. When I come home, my cat greets me at the door like a dog, I keep telling him how glad I am to see him, he meows, and meows then goes to his favorite spot for his morning routine, where I have to scratch him for while. Them it's off to be fed, and get water only from the bathroom sink. Funny how easily this cat has trained me :laughing7:

The morning I came home, he did not greet me at the door, but was laying at his favorite spot. I went to pet him, he winched, and wouldn't eat. Then he went off to sleep under a dresser. I was beside myself and couldn't even get to him, but I kept calling out to him. I barely slept that day, more concerned over his condition and was looking up every other cat ailment. He must have just had a belly ache, but it scared the crap out of me. At times, you'll know your pet better than yourself.

Just now as I'm getting ready to run out to work, he's playing hide and seek with me :laughing7:

Yep, he has me well trained :laughing9:

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spart,

Yeah.....I guess they train us and not the other way around....the thing is since the connectivity is pretty much on an emotional level because we can't talk back and forth.....the attachment is almost stronger than with a fellow human being...

Kind of strange but you probably understand where I'm coming from.....and like you I can be pretty much as hard a*s as they come....but with animals I'm a wuss....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill, as the Irish would say, Sounds like we're both cut from the same bolt of cloth :laughing7:

Honestly, I have more compassion for animals than I do many people :tongue3:

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill, as the Irish would say, Sounds like we're both cut from the same bolt of cloth :laughing7:

Honestly, I have more compassion for animals than I do many people :tongue3:

Spart,

They do the best they can with the resources they have available to them. Stay your sword. There are many of those who die who deserve life, and there are many of those who live who deserve death. Can you give it to them?

Crispin

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
What about that show "Shipping Wars"? The biggest hard a** of them all (can't remember his name) travels with his pet cat in the truck with him and he seems to really love that cat!

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lost 2 dogs one a 120 lb giant dob. Vet costs... crazy, worst 2 days of my life. It's amazing when you look in their eye's they know it;s time. Never to own one again. To painful. Sorry for your loss.

By the way I needed to know why the Dob got so sick. Vet said he ate chicken bones. one punctured his stomach. Weeks later while in the yard I found clean chicken bones next to the fence. Needless to say my neighbor doesn't live there anymore.

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
onfire,

Sorry for your loss.....but I still believe that our pets give much more to us in their own way than we give to them....also they teach us to be better people by having them in our lives....trust me it's true....it's a given.

Regards + HH

Bill

Lost 2 dogs one a 120 lb giant dob. Vet costs... crazy, worst 2 days of my life. It's amazing when you look in their eye's they know it;s time. Never to own one again. To painful. Sorry for your loss.

By the way I needed to know why the Dob got so sick. Vet said he ate chicken bones. one punctured his stomach. Weeks later while in the yard I found clean chicken bones next to the fence. Needless to say my neighbor doesn't live there anymore.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that. I just went thru the same thing. They are easy to love.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread