Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
if you want to read the text from NRA
http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=7004

U.S. Senate Stands with NRA in Strongly Opposing U.N Gun Control Efforts

Friday, July 22, 2011

For nearly 20 years, the NRA has worked tirelessly to oppose any United Nations effort to undermine the constitutional rights of law-abiding American gun owners. The latest attempt by the U.N. and global gun banners to eliminate our Second Amendment freedoms is to include civilian arms in the current Arms Trade Treaty (ATT), which will be finalized next year.

In order for any treaty to take effect, however, it must be ratified by two-thirds of the U.S. Senate. To ensure that any ATT that includes civilian arms is dead on arrival in the Senate, the NRA has been working to get as many U.S. Senators as possible to publicly oppose any ATT that includes restrictions on civilian arms.

58 members-- a majority--of the U.S. Senate have signed letters to President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton saying they will oppose any ATT that includes civilian firearms ownership. These strongly worded letters caution the President and Secretary of State to uphold the Constitution of the United States. As Senator Jerry Moran's letter warns, “(A)s the treaty process continues, we strongly encourage your administration to uphold our constitutional protections of civilian firearms ownership. These freedoms are non-negotiable, and we will oppose ratification of an Arms Trade Treaty presented to the Senate that in any way restricts the rights of law-abiding U.S. citizens to manufacture, assemble, possess, transfer or purchase firearms, ammunition and related items.”

Thanking the NRA for our long-standing work on this issue, Senator Moran remarked, "I appreciate the NRA's partnership on this important effort to defend the rights of American gun owners. I want to thank them for their active support in sending a strong message to the Obama Administration that our firearm freedoms are not negotiable."

As we have for nearly two decades, the NRA will continue to fight against any U.N. treaty that undermines the constitutional rights of American gun owners. These letters send a clear message to the international bureaucrats who want to eliminate our fundamental, individual right to keep and bear arms. Clearly, a U.N. ATT that includes civilian arms within its scope is not supported by the American people or their elected U.S. Senators. We are grateful to Senator Moran, Senator Jon Tester, and all members of the Senate who have chosen to stand on the side of America's 80 million gun owners in opposition to those who want to eliminate our freedoms. And thank you as well to those NRA members who contacted their Senators and encouraged them to support this critical effort.

prospectordamon

Mar 31, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's MXT/6X10 DD Coil/950 Coil
signed up! this is total bullsh**!!! we are not far from a civil war, the people vs the government!

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Signed, done deal!!!! Too bad that they didn't have a comment block, I would have wrote out a message for them to pass on to the UN along with our Bozo's in office trying to take away our rights!!

I just wish I could have sent them this message with the picture!

"AH you want my guns, just come on and catch some of these first!!"

Attachments

• iqbsngdi.gif
    iqbsngdi.gif
    38.9 KB · Views: 267
  • iqbsngdi.gif
    iqbsngdi.gif
    38.9 KB · Views: 265

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
yep i signed it, but these surveys never do anything.past history proves it! better yet send a letter to her boss and tell him what you think of her representing our Nation in this manner that violates our Constitution (second admendmant)and their oath of office! tell them where our votes are going come election time!

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
I did likewise. Boys, I don't have but one thing to say. As long as I breathe, I will have my guns.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they are going to keep pushing and I dont think they are going to like the result.....they want to stop other Gov's from killing there citizens?We will see what happens when there is a revolt here

Klondikeike

Aug 13, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
H3 element detector, JeoHunter Dual 3-D Imaging Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KLONDIKE here...

Done....

I'm with GC on this one...... come on.... and just try to pry it from hands...

Klondike....

Call me a Plumber

Dec 17, 2007
Ok, that's it, its time to send the message of the true patriot and lets start "Watering the Tree of Liberty" by voting those bums out of our government and then it will be up to the states that but them there what next to do to them. I'll be hunting on Saturday for " Elk " that is and the old adage is true practice makes perfect. Its high time we kicked that liberal Nazi organization (U.N.) out of our country for good and we also need to stop funding it. The Plumber.

Voice of Reason

Sep 20, 2011
Them Thar Hills
Yep, the UN is the government - your elected officials are pawns, and My guns are mine...till death do us part. For you like-minded men and women out there, remember...a firearm is worthless without ammunition. Be sure you have "enough" Now. Be it for hunting or personal protection...gather your lead and keep your powder dry.

Peace :thumbsup:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Samuel Adams:

"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: first, a right to life, secondly to liberty, thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."

John Adams:

"Arms in the hands of the citizens may be used at individual discretion for the defense of the country, the overthrow of tyranny or private self-defense."

Thomas Jefferson:

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Patrick Henry:

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined. The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun."

Noah Webster, 1787:

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, because the whole of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops."

GG~

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Thanks GG, VOR, CMP and Ike for your heartfelt posts. Just get ready for the worse case scenario come November 2012. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yup
thanks for your support
I would like to apologize if any of you got an increase of spam after signing, i seem to have gotten an increase but not sure where its coming from

GG got warm and fuzzy reading them quotes :hello2:
come that day i hope that message will be stamped and a turning point comes about, remove all incumbents
i know i am doing my part here in Krazyfornia, every morning i take the dogs out for a run eventally some nut case will tell me there is a leash law,( two labs f the leash law) i just agree and tell them we should enforce all laws starting with immigration, accept for those that agree the park is purdy empty :laughing7:
have a great day

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2cmorau said:
yup
thanks for your support
I would like to apologize if any of you got an increase of spam after signing, i seem to have gotten an increase but not sure where its coming from

GG got warm and fuzzy reading them quotes :hello2:
come that day i hope that message will be stamped and a turning point comes about, remove all incumbents
i know i am doing my part here in Krazyfornia, every morning i take the dogs out for a run eventally some nut case will tell me there is a leash law,( two labs f the leash law) i just agree and tell them we should enforce all laws starting with immigration, accept for those that agree the park is purdy empty :laughing7:
have a great day

Yea,wait till Brown sighns the dog liscencing requirement fee today!!!$250 to lisc. an un altered female..wonder what the fine will be?Freakin Nazi's!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread