Follow the bikers lead after the Florida meeting

sherpa t

Jan 25, 2005
Ocala florida
Detector(s) used
Titan / Tesoro SLT/ Fisher F5
I'm not a treasure diver, but I am the type of person you will need support from in Florida. We need to take a page from the helmet law hand book and like it or not get organized.
1) Become a group for political influence. Not diver this or marine that, we need wider support, think concerned property owners and citizens access rights. The bikers have ABATE ( a brotherhood aimed toward education ) see now your elected official can take a meeting, and it won't sound bad in the papers.
The State of Oregon has tested the water on private property rights, research this and we can sell it to the general Florida citizen that they are next ( it's very possable ) in a series of right reductions including private property.
2) You need an elected Allie and thanks to the disrespectful actions of Ryan Wheeler to Rep. Juan Zapata we may have an opening to get that Allie. He should be approached and offered our support. ( reference the Miami paper where he asked for an accounting of Florida's treasure )
3) Set the group up as non profit and able to accept donations and raise funds. Then grid up the state and see what chapters of - blank - could be set up with T-net members we have.
That is the beginning, then it needs to be run.
out of time,
I'll post this as is and see what type of responce comes in and add more if needed.

fllawboy

Feb 19, 2008
Weston, Florida
Detector(s) used
White MXT/Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great point, the helmet law was defeated by political action groups and lobbying efforts. I think the only real difference here is that it will be a fight about money and the preservation of history. The state will paint treasure hunters as greedy individuals wanting to profit at the expense of history. It will be up to the treasure hunters to show that as with any business a profit is a part of why they are in business but the other aspect of the business is reclaiming history for the benefit of everyone.

OP
OP
S

sherpa t

Jan 25, 2005
Ocala florida
Detector(s) used
Titan / Tesoro SLT/ Fisher F5
That is why it is very important to get a wide base of support, be proactive and change the fight to a " hey where is the common sense in what the DOA is doing here.
Scare the tax payers with the costs that are involved with the recovery. These will be 100 % cost if nothing is to be sold.
Share with the people that right now the DOA gets it pick of recovered items and the 20 % cut with out spending the tax payers money. Really how much is enough for a historical display, 1 cob , 10 cobs 100 cobs ??? of all the items recovered it's funny that they say currency is not what it's about, but it sure is when they want to use it to exclude others.

Think of just the two simple items above put into a petition format and ran through the chapters. I don't think I would have any problem getting friends neighbors etc. to sign, do you ??
Add the land owner rights issue and widen the base. The people who were not allowed on the beaches after the storms and widen your base. The loss of the isolated finds program and widen the base.
The DOA is not handling what they have now properly and they are asking for more !! I think it is possable that they have strangled the salvers hoping they would lose money and go away, because really the only ones that know what they have are the people that found it and turned it over, dissolve that group and things get real gray real fast and missing items are hard to prove missing when there is only one side to the story.

fllawboy

Feb 19, 2008
Weston, Florida
Detector(s) used
White MXT/Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spot on! Now the only question is when does the movement begin?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread